December 27, 2018 | Written by: Thoughts On Cloud Staff
Share this post:
What are some topics that come to mind when you think of cloud in 2018?
The depth and breadth of the possibilities in and capabilities of cloud computing became even more apparent over the past year. However, a few key topics did emerge from a look at the most popular articles on Thoughts on Cloud in 2018:
Growing investment in hybrid multicloud
One of the posts that made this year’s list involved an expanded partnership with Red Hat, which IBM would acquire later in the year, making IBM the world’s top hybrid cloud provider. Also popular was the announcement of IBM Multicloud Manager.
Containers, Kubernetes and open source innovation
Not only were readers curious about new developments involving Kubernetes, serverless and open source projects, but they were also interested to learn more about the differences between solutions and how they can work together. Introductory articles on these topics attracted top traffic.
Expanded partnerships to accelerate adoption
Posts about broadening IBM partnerships with VMware, NVIDIA and SAP, all aiming to bring new value to organizations looking to bring their workloads to the cloud, also made the top 10, along with the news about Red Hat.
Here’s the full list of the top 10 Thoughts on Cloud stories of 2018:
- IBM and Red Hat expand partnership to accelerate journeys to the cloud
- IBM unveils major expansion of cloud capabilities and global availability zones
- IBM brings the ease of containers to complex workloads with managed Kubernetes on bare metal
- Are you putting cloud and AI to work?
- Kubernetes vs. Docker: Why not both?
- IBM Cloud teams with Google and open community to help build Knative and expand the power of serverless
- IBM and SAP: Extending a partnership built on trust
- What is IBM Multicloud Manager?
- Accelerate and streamline AI and HPC workloads with new NVIDIA GPUs on IBM Cloud
- IBM and VMware partnership unlocks new value for enterprises