March 21, 2018 | Written by: Liz Klipp, IBM Cloud Social Media Strategist and Teri Chackel, IBM Cloud Social Media Strategist
Share this post:
Day three of Think 2018 has arrived. And just like the first 48 hours, the list of things to see and do at the Cloud & Data Campus is packed. It’s another full day at the biggest IBM event of the year, with demos, panels, training labs and hands-on activities.
Not sure how to schedule out your day? We can help point out today’s highlights. Bookmark the Thoughts on Cloud homepage to find out the absolute can’t-miss moments at Think.
Wednesday, 21 March
- 8:30 AM: Facebook Live TJBot demo — A do-it-yourself, programmable cardboard robot created by IBM Research and powered by Watson Services, TJBot is an open-source project with a thriving online community. Viewers will get a chance to build a virtual TJBot and share it on social media. Watch the demo on Facebook Live and stop by the DevZone to experience it yourself.
- 10:30 – 11:10 AM: Cloud keynote, “Beyond Infrastructure: Architecting One Platform for Smarter Business”— Cloud isn’t just about cheap storage and computing anymore. Now, it’s a way to stem the building tide of data. Find out how IBM Cloud can help your organization modernize applications to run on cloud, optimize your data portfolio strategy, use AI to augment decision making and more. Attend or watch live on IBM Cloud Twitter channel. Location: Keynote Theater, Mandalay Bay Ballroom
- 11:30 AM – 12:10 PM: “Building Future-Proof Cloud Solutions with an Enterprise-First Cloud Infrastructure” — With increasing demand for data resources, machine learning and analytics, organizations need smarter cloud infrastructure. Learn how IBM Cloud infrastructure is helping companies unlock new levels of performance, security and flexibility to power their critical workloads. Attend in person or watch live. Location: Cloud and Data Campus Theater A
- 1:30pm – 2:10pm: “A World of Opportunities with IBM Cloud Object Storage” — In the face of exponential data growth, organizations are looking for ways to more cost efficiently store, manage and access all their data without sacrificing availability, security or economics. IBM Cloud Object Storage is the answer. In this panel discussion, two IBM clients from the financial services and media and entertainment industries will share the reasons they chose IBM Cloud Object Storage and their company’s successful experiences storing hundreds of petabytes of data on-premises and in the cloud for competitive advantage. Location: Standard Theater, IBM Cloud Campus
- 3:30 PM – 4:10 PM: “IBM Cloud Private and WebSphere: A Complete Solution for Application Modernization and New Workloads” — How can IT leaders drive innovation and productivity by integrating existing skills and infrastructure with exciting new programming approaches? Learn how to chart your digital transformation path using microservices, containers, Kubernetes and other key technologies embodied in IBM WebSphere and IBM Cloud Private. Attend in person or watch live. Location: Cloud and Data Campus Theater A
- All-day campus activation: Secret Map — The Secret Map experience is a pirate-themed experimental app for iOS that uses IBM services including blockchain and Kubernetes to show activity inside the expo hall. Footsteps can be converted into “fitcoins” which can be traded for swag. Augmented reality elements show “X marks the spot” locations for coveted destinations. Stop by the DevZone to learn more.
Data professionals, don’t miss our analytics colleagues’ recommendations for Wednesday here.
What will happen on Think’s final day? Come back here tomorrow to find out our top picks for Thursday.