March 20, 2018 | Written by: Teri Chackel, IBM Cloud Social Media Strategist and Liz Klipp, IBM Cloud Social Media Strategist
Share this post:
Buckle up; Think 2018 is in full swing and we’re about to kick off what might be the biggest day of the conference. The second day of the biggest IBM event of the year is packed with a wealth of things to see and do at the Cloud & Data Campus. From keynote speeches to demos, panels, training labs and other hands-on activities, you have a lot you could tackle today.
If that sounds like almost too much to handle, we’re here to help. Today’s picks:
Tuesday, March 20
- 8:30 AM – 10 AM PDT: Chairman’s address, “Putting Smart to Work” —Ginni Rometty, IBM Chairwoman, CEO and President shares the stage with some of the top CEOs and business thinkers in the world, including Lowell C. McAdam, Verizon Communications; Dave McKay, RBC; and Michael White, IBM-Maersk Joint Venture, to discuss the future of work. Attend or watch live on the IBM Facebook page. Location: Events Center
- 10:30 – 11:10 AM PDT: “Outpacing the Competition: Emerging Trends in App Integration” — Does your organization use Salesforce? Are you one of the 38 percent of Salesforce customers who expect to invest in AI over the next year? In this session, learn how cloud integration can help you quickly build an AI chatbot for your Salesforce instance that has access to the right data at the right time. Attend in person and find out more about the IBM and Salesforce partnership. Location: Cloud and Data Campus Theater B
- 11:30 AM – 12:10 PM PDT: “IBM and Maersk: Secure, Scalable, AI-Ready Containers” — IBM Fellow, VP and CTO Jason McGee and Simon Whelband of Maersk will explain how IBM Cloud Container Service modernized Maersk’s business using Docker containers, microservices, and Kubernetes. Hang around for a demo that shows the modernization of the traditional Java app onto public cloud containers and how to incorporate AI APIs. Attend in person or watch live. Location: Cloud and Data Campus Theater A
- 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM PDT: IBM Cloud keynote, “Put Your Data to Work on the Cloud for Smarter Business” — All businesses have data, but the key to being smarter is transforming that data into digital intelligence using next-generation cloud architecture. Find out how the latest technologies such as analytics, blockchain, machine learning and artificial intelligence can work with cloud-native design to meet unique business requirements from IBM and other business leaders exec from American Airlines. Attend or watch live on the IBM Facebook page. Location: Events Center
- All-day demo: Fly With Us! — Explore the integrated touch screens at this activation to learn how enterprises all around the world are making customers’ lives easier with IBM cloud and data solutions. Find what’s relevant to you and soar. Also, learn more about the IBM Cloud Garage Method at “Fast, Secure, and Effective: Delivering Results From Cloud Migration and Modernization” with Steve Robinson and Sanjay Rishi of IBM at 3:30 PM in Mandalay Bay South, Level 1, Bayside B.
Data professionals, don’t miss our analytics colleagues’ recommendations for Tuesday here.
There are still two more jam-packed days of Think to go. Bookmark the Thoughts on Cloud homepage to find out the absolute can’t-miss moments at Think.