June 11, 2013 | Written by: Sai Sampath
Share this post:
During my cloud inception days, I heard a lot of buzz words which were eye openers for me in helping understand different business trends and how the emerging principles will get integrated with the existing systems.
I would like to share one example. During my college days I learned programming languages. These learning activities helped to develop multiple applications. However, eventually there was an era of object request brokers and interoperability across applications.
Similar to cloud, cloud service brokers will be next to provide a range of services in a compelling value proposition for customers who are looking at multiple cloud services.
Customers look forward to consuming multiple cloud services in a more user-friendly fashion, with the complexities of managing multiple service providers. The future of cloud computing will be permeated with the notion of brokers negotiating relationships between providers of cloud services and service customers. IBM SmartCloud Service Aggregator provides a flexible and open platform to aggregate a variety of compelling cloud services quickly and cost effectively. Cloud Service Aggregator also provides a storefront where customers will able to select from the broad range of applications. IBM Ready for SmartCloud Services aggregate cloud applications are enabled and supported on IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ environment.
IBM SmartCloud Service Accelerator
The cloud service aggregation pack accelerates integration of cloud services and provides standard-based ready to use assets for cloud aggregation and integration.
Service interfaces are exposed providing well-defined sets for core business functions for cloud services. TM forum (SID) and DMTF(CIM) standards are followed to support a common messaging model.
Well defined patterns and templates are provided to reduce implementation risks. To meet specific customer requirements it is possible to seamlessly perform configuration and extensible workflow implementation.
Developing the cloud ecosystem involves:
- Application provisioning defining offerings for product catalog.
- Adapter implementation within the IBM SmartCloud Service Aggregator.
- Defining and implementing the strategy for billing and quality of service turning the monitoring services.
- Developing pattern and package images using cloud management software which internally support IBM virtualized environment.
Benefits of the IBM ready for SmartCloud service provider using Cloud Service Accelerator are:
- Increased flexibility leveraging IBM’s Partner ecosystem.
- Open and flexible platforms will reduce risk.
- Starter set of services bring time to value to address market requirement.
- Pre-validation of ISV applications reduce costs.