January 19, 2012 | Written by: David Kwock
Share this post:
The UP Conference was an excellent opportunity to meet with innovators of the cloud industry. IBM presented two key presentations one on “Next Generation Cloud Platforms – accelerating time to market” and one presentation on “Real-Time Behavioral Insight into Consumer Interaction.” Both presentations provided thought leadership in the areas of Big Data Analytics and Platform as a Service.
In the “Next Generation Cloud Platforms accelerating time to market” presentation, Maria Azua shared why cloud computing is important to the enterprise and the market forces that are driving cloud.
In addition, Maria discussed one of the largest challenges in cloud computing which is security.
System Compliance Profiles
- Guarantees operating system match security standards for industry groups such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI).
- Guarantees that operating system has not been inadvertently or maliciously altered to compromise the security of the system
- Provides a central tamper proof repository for the system.
- Fulfills audit and compliance requirements since central repository contains a record of events that have occurred.
- Facilitate Cyber Forensics
Trusted Network Connect
- Ensures virtual system network connection is at specified security patch level and update level.
In the “Real-Time Behavioral Insight into Consumer Interaction” Presentation John Squire covered the value of real time customer interactions and the value of analytics around customers.
In addition John discussed how cloud empowered customers have changed the way customers interact with vendors.
In summary, the UP Conference was a very informative conference. The onsite sessions were valuable to be able to connect with cloud industry leaders and give people an opportunity to see trends in the cloud industry. Finally, it gave a large audience the ability to participate since it was available streaming over the internet as well as in person.