October 7, 2011 | Written by: Andreas Groth
Share this post:
So, I admit it, you might not think we (IBM) are known for the most “violently exciting” booths in the exhibition world – typically without jugglers or magicians, or hired models handing out iPads and (badly) reciting technical scripts about respective technologies.
What we tend to get right, however, is the depth of technical and business conversation we can engage in – once you come and talk to us and see what we have to offer.
So, you’ll be glad to hear that this year we will make it easier and have chipped in a couple of “extras” that should encourage you to come and see us:
1. Are you smarter than Watson? Take the IBM Watson Quiz Challenge at the IBM booth for a chance to win an iPad2.
Yes, play live against the Super-Computer that bet the two greatest Jeopardy champions.
2. Visit the IBM Technology Truck, parked right outside the Bella Center!
Truck? Not just any truck but a “Demo-Center on Wheels” – stuffed with racks full of the latest IBM hardware, live demonstrations and scheduled technical sessions throughout the conference.
3. Attend a Non-Disclosure Roadmap session with IBM and Intel in the IBM Technology truck.
Come and see us at the booth or truck to enter your name for these forward-looking sessions; all you have to do is to sign a non-disclosure agreement!
“We will be shipping 83! physical server and storage systems to VMworld this year – over 4 tons of equipment!”
4. Get comfy on a bar stool, grab an IBM baseball cap, and take in a live presentation, whiteboard session, or demos at the IBM booth Mini Theatre.
We will schedule various technical sessions throughout the conference at the IBM booth (schedule will be published at the booth and IBM Technology truck).
5. Explore our live demos, and meet the cloud and virtualization subject matter experts at the IBM booth!
The list of topics is too long, but we have hand-picked experts and have created demonstrations of the latest private and public cloud technologies (part of our October 12 IBM SmartCloud announcements) alongside Virtual Desktop, Storage Virtualization, Cloud/Virtualization Management, and Networking technologies – don’t miss it!
6. Not another marketing presentation (that’s a promise!). Come along to the Technical Learning Panel on Smarter Computing Tue (Oct 18) 12:00; Twitter hashtag: #SPO3922.
Charles Ferland, VP System Networking; Andreas Groth, Lead Engineer and Virtualization Architect; Pierre Perdaems, Technical Leader – Cloud Computing; Kim Mortensen, Product Manager – Storage; and Gareth Tucker, EMEA Technology Leader for IBM (Intel), all will discuss critical topics including system optimization, storage integration, network convergence and management – all in the context of addressing virtualization and cloud design challenges.
7. Want to hear IBM’s executive vision around technology challenges, ecosystems and cloud? Visit the session with Alex Yost from IBM on Wed (Oct 19) 15:00; Twitter hashtag: #SPO3926.
Alex is IBM Vice President and Business Line Executive, IBM System x and BladeCenter)
8. Come and listen to Inna Kuznetsova’s view on “Virtualization – Changing the Economics of IT” at the VMworld Demo Theatre during the welcome reception Tue (Oct 18) 17:30-18:00.
Inna is the Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Systems Software & ISVs (Systems and Technology Group)
9. Get yourself a limited edition IBM teddy bear for your kids – or pretend it’s for your kids 😉
10. I honestly believe that we have assembled a great team; we promise to facilitate 1:1 discussions with our experts and try our best to get you the answers you are looking for. And most of all, enjoy another great conference!
See you in Copenhagen at the IBM Booth (#59) and IBM Technology truck!