June 20, 2011 | Written by: Anil Somani
Share this post:
Business resilience provides a number of cost efficiencies that can save you money immediately as well as provide long-term returns on your investments.
- Mitigate risk: You can avoid the costs of downtime, including brand damage and market share lost to competitors, and reduce the financial impact of business disruptions.
- Protect brand and revenue: Properly assessing the threats to your IT infrastructure, their potential business impact and your tolerance for risk can help you plan a realistic strategy.
- Protect capital: Analyzing cost tradeoffs can help you avoid unnecessary investment.
- Reduce costs: resilience solutions can help protect you from failed restores and lost data. Taking advantage of sophisticated implementation services can help you avoid technical staff training or retraining costs, test and implement a comprehensive solution—instead, your staff can focus on core business.
- Improve service: You can better align a resilient infrastructure to the needs of your business to maintain service level agreements based on your tolerance for risk.
IBM solutions, which include server recovery and data protection and backup services, can help efficiently manage risk, reduce costs and meet regulatory compliance mandates. The new IBM SmartCloud Resilience services announced today at the Cloud Leadership Forum in Silicon Valley, CA, include IBM SmartCloud Virtualized Server Recovery and IBM SmartCloud Archive, and complement the existing IBM SmartCloud Managed Backup service. These services can help keep your business on the move by:
- Offering a combination of server recovery and data protection and backup services
- Providing a “self-management system” that can considerably reduce the need to travel to recovery centers
- Providing round-the-clock availability of technical resources to facilitate on-time recovery
- Offering virtualized and non-virtualized servers to help streamline recovery processes and minimize the impact of an outage
- Identifying gaps in your current resilience solution and leveraging IBM tools, expertise and cloud capabilities to build an optimized resilience solution
- Supporting your IT recovery, availability and business continuity needs with a cost-effective, cloud-based resilience solution