September 25, 2018 | Written by: Stephen Hussey
Categorized: Data Analytics | Data Science
Share this post:
What is IBM Streaming Analytics?
IBM Streaming Analytics for IBM Cloud is an advanced analytic platform allowing user-developed applications to quickly ingest, analyze, and correlate information as it arrives from a wide variety of real-time data sources. Analysis of structured and unstructured streaming data like text, video, audio, geospatial, and sensor data helps organizations spot opportunities and risks to make decisions in near real-time.
New features in Germany
The IBM Streaming Analytics team is excited to announce the General Availability (GA) of IBM Streaming Analytics in Germany. This new location complements existing deployment options for the IBM Cloud in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Services include an option for trial exploration of the service capabilities and multiple tiers for application development, testing, or production deployment. All Germany-based services run on a Kubernetes container-based infrastructure. These are our plan offerings:
- A Lite plan that provides a single, 1-core container
- Two Entry plans that use 1-core containers with hourly or monthly billing
- Two Enhanced plans that use 4-core containers with hourly or monthly billing
- Two Premium plans that use 16-core containers with hourly or monthly billing
To explore plan costs, visit the Streaming Analytics catalog page and select monthly pricing for your country or region in local currency.
To get started with services in any region:
- Visit the Streaming Analytics page in the IBM Cloud catalog and create a Streams instance.
- Run one of our Sample Applications or develop and run your own Streams app by following our Streaming Analytics Development Guide.