May 15, 2018 | Written by: Jay Ablan
Categorized: Compute Services | What's New
Share this post:
We’re excited to announce new Veeam additions to our IBM Cloud Catalog, to help keep your data protected with 24/7/365 availability. We’ve added two new Veeam Agents – one for Microsoft Windows and one for Linux management – and the latest Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3.
The Veeam Agents allows users to backup their bare metal or virtual environment running on either Windows or Linux. It is designed to provide Hyper-Availability for workloads hosted by Linux or Windows.
With Veeam Agent, you can now extend IBM Cloud backup and recovery capabilities to workloads running on-premises or in the cloud with:
- Backup anywhere: Protect an entire computer or create volume-level and file-level backups of Linux and Windows instances running in the cloud or on-premises.
- Flexible recovery: Perform on-premises restores from backups of individual cloud instances or cloud restores of on-premises backups.
- Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication™: Take full advantage of Veeam backup repositories as target locations and leverage existing capabilities for file-level recovery.
With Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3, users get centralized agent deployment and management to reduce administrative burden and improve usability through the Veeam Availability Console.
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3 will also benefit from Veeam’s expansion of its strategic IBM partnership to include IBM Spectrum Virtualize integration, extending Veeam storage snapshot integration capabilities to IBM Storwize and SAN Volume Controller based storage arrays.
Veeam storage snapshot integration minimizes backup and recovery demands on production storage with:
- Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots so you can create true backups 20x faster, as often as needed, with little or no impact on your production environment.
- Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshot quickly restores entire VMs, files and individual application items directly from storage snapshots.
- Veeam On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots creates complete, isolated copies of your production environment with just a few clicks for development, testing and troubleshooting.
By leveraging existing snapshots, users can better meet service level objectives required by IT to restore productivity within minutes of failures, as well as, reduce IT administrative effort and increase IT operational efficiencies overall.
Get Started Today for 60 Days cost-free!
Now through July 1st, use the promotion code “FREEVEEAM” at checkout and receive 100 percent off Veeam servers and agents for 60 days. To get started, you can quickly configure a new Veeam server in the IBM Cloud or add Veeam Agents to new servers by going to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/veeam.
Get started now