Share this post:
Imagine a fully integrated, one-stop shop for network security and performance capabilities in your cloud infrastructure. Now, you have just that. Today, we’re excited to announce the general availability of IBM Cloud Internet Services (CIS)—an integrated set of secure, reliable, and highly performant network services, specially designed to optimize websites and applications.
IBM is building off the momentum of our THINK 2018 Early Access Program (EAP) announcement of Cloud Internet Services with Cloudflare. At the time, we announced the partnership with our shared vision to deliver cloud native and integrated “as a Service” capabilities, eliminating the need to manage multiple costly, third-party vendors.
Let’s delve into some of the benefits that you can expect with our CIS Standard GA.
CIS Standard Plan, offered on the IBM Cloud
You need to deliver fast, secure, mobile and always-on applications that optimizes end-user experiences, to maximize their business outcomes. In order to equip our customers to be competitive, it was critical for IBM to integrate Cloudflare’s capabilities with our cloud to deliver IBM Cloud Internet Services. With this partnership, our clients can expect truly differentiated services and capabilities.
The CIS Standard GA release provides the same core features that were part of the EAP, including DNS, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection, Global Load Balancing (GLB) with geo-steering, caching with Page Rules, TLS/SSL Certificate, and a Web Application Firewall (WAF).
With this new release, we’ve introduced:
- Improved on/off WAF configuration.
- Improved monitoring metrics to provide greater insights, all via a simple pricing model of $275 per domain per month.
- A cost-free 30 day CIS trial for one domain. This option will let you try all the Standard Plan GA features. Best of all, this solution can be leveraged via a single UI (in the IBM Cloud Console), CLI, and API for greater ease of use.
Why Cloudflare and IBM Cloud?
For decades, IBM has been a leader in security and privacy. We currently offer several of the most trusted global and industry certifications.
We recognize that no matter the stage of your cloud journey, security should be top-of-mind when considering a cloud solution. With the increased risk of cyber-attacks, data thefts, DDoS attacks, and malicious bot abuse, it has become mission-critical for enterprises to proactively protect their internet-facing applications with DDoS and WAF security offered via Cloudflare’s leading capabilities.
Our joint solution helps ensure that you’ll never have to sacrifice performance for security. Cloudflare has a proven track record of providing high performance services to improve application availability and accelerate global responsiveness.
Further, IBM CIS is GDPR-ready for EU regulatory compliance requirements. As an added benefit, Cloudflare is a PCI (Payment Card Industry) Level 1 Service Provider; the CIS WAF can assist you in meeting specific PCI requirements that are part of your site’s PCI compliance.
Our joint solution addresses a variety of industry-specific use cases, including:
- E-commerce: Businesses with high traffic characteristics must be available and performant to generate revenue, CIS can deliver static and dynamic content to web and mobile end-customers with rapid response times.
- Public Sector: CIS ensures highly confidential records are protected against cybersecurity risks, while ensuring that vital information can be delivered, quickly, to citizens.
- Healthcare: Improve your site’s performance while reducing cost by absorbing traffic spikes and consuming less bandwidth—thereby enabling seamless, reliable experiences for patients and providers, alike.
- Banking and Finance: Provide a high-performance infrastructure to quickly deliver financial information to consumers and analysts, while ensuring protection against attacks.
Learn more. Get started now.
For more details about how to get started using this new service, we invite you to access our documentation, and check out the video.
Or, you can get started today by click on the button below
Get started with IBM CIS
*NOTE: IBM Cloud Internet Services (CIS) Standard is now generally available. If you were part of the Early Access Program (EAP) please consider upgrading to the new CIS Standard service as we will be retiring the EAP program after May 31, 2018.