November 17, 2017 | Written by: Charles Comiskey
Categorized: Compute Services
Share this post:
Starting today, IBM Cloud Log Analysis expands its availability from US-South to include the Germany and Sydney regions. Empower your DevOps team with IBM Cloud Log Analysis. Gain insights into your environment to quickly detect, diagnose, and identify issues. Keep your log data and your application workloads safeguarded on a centralized cloud class economical storage solution. Visit us in the IBM Cloud Catalog.
Exciting service capabilities available in each region
- Aggregate logs from IBM Containers, Cloud Foundry, and other sources both in and outside IBM Cloud.
- Retain your logs as long as you require on IBM Cloud storage.
- Search your logs for troubleshooting. Gain insights from your logs hosted on Elasticsearch and with the Kibana UI.
- Choose the amount of logs that you can search per day. Different plans are available for 500MB, 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB of logs per day.
- Learn more here!
Change in service location in Germany region
Here is what you need to know about IBM Cloud Log Analysis in Germany:
- The service will forward log data to both the legacy and new service URLs for no less than 30 days from November 21, 2017. The old URLs will then be de-activated.
- If you are sending logs from outside IBM Cloud to the Germany region, update your endpoint location to: ingest-eu-fra.logging.bluemix.net:9091
- You will be automatically linked to the new service URL when you access the service through the Bluemix UI.
- If you have Kibana bookmarks saved in your browser, you will need to update them to the new Kibana URL in Germany. https://logging.eu-fra.bluemix.net.
- If you have custom Kibana dashboards, you will need to migrate them to the new Germany Kibana URL.
- The Lite plan offers 500MB per day of data that you can search and retains that data for 3 days. Upgrade to a premium plan for expanded log retention and log search capabilities.
Sydney region details
Here is what you need to know about IBM Cloud Log Analysis in Sydney:
- IBM Container and Cloud Foundry logs originating in Sydney will be collected by the Log Analysis service hosted in Sydney.
- Log retention is hosted in US-South. Users in Sydney will be able to seamlessly interface with their collected logs from their Sydney location.
- Log search is hosted in Sydney.
Spend less time instrumenting your application and more time enhancing its value. Learn more about IBM Cloud Log Analysis here! Try it today and let us know what you think!