October 24, 2017 | Written by: EITAN WORCEL
Categorized: Action Required Service Updates
Share this post:
Thank you for using Application Security on Cloud. We’d like to inform you that we’re retiring the Application Security on Cloud service within Bluemix on November 23, 2017. The purpose of this blog is to provide you with the information that you need to stay informed about the change.
Here’s what you need to know:
New Users of the Service
The service is available on IBM Cloud Marketplace and you can register for it from the Application Security on Cloud product page. We also encourage you to check out our companion blog titled, “What’s New in IBM’s Application Security Testing,” and our Open Source Analyzer video.
Existing Application Security on Cloud Clients
End of Marketing Date: November 23, 2017
As of November 23, 2017, new Application Security on Cloud instances cannot be provisioned. However, your instances will continue to be supported.
End of Free Plan Date: April 7, 2018
- All existing Free Plan instances will continue to be available on the Services dashboard in the Bluemix console until April 7, 2018.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Free Plan Support Date will be deleted.
- Please delete your Application Security on Cloud service instances before the End of Free Plan Support Date.
End of Paid Plan Support Date: November 23, 2018
- For a period of 365 days after the End of Marketing Date, through November 23, 2018, all paid instances will continue to be available on the Services dashboard in the Bluemix console. All paid instances will also continue to be supported by Application Security on Cloud.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Please delete your Application Security on Cloud service instances before the End of Support Date.
Testing Applications for Security Vulnerabilities after Service Retirement
Application Security on Cloud continues to be available and you can register for the service from our product page on IBM Cloud Marketplace. In addition, the Continuous Delivery DevOps service in Bluemix will leverage Application Security on Cloud from Application Security on Cloud’s new Marketplace location, and a new DevOps service is being added to provide you with additional integration points.
As always, we’re here to help! Reach out to us in the support forums or on Twitter.