August 2, 2017 | Written by: Thejaswini Ramachandra and Sachin Nayak
Share this post:
Mobile Foundation Service on Bluemix provides you with comprehensive mobile backend capabilities to build enterprise grade, secure mobile apps with front end technology of your choice
Mobile Analytics Service on Bluemix provides valuable insights about app performance, usage, network requests, crashes etc. It enables you to quickly identify trends and anomalies, drill down to resolve issues and trigger alerts when key metrics cross critical thresholds
You can now setup Mobile Foundation Service with Mobile Analytics Service on Bluemix. Refer to the announcement for details.
Steps to view the Mobile Foundation Application data in the Analytics console :
- Configure the Mobile Analytics Service with the Mobile Foundation Server
- Configure the Mobile Foundation Application with the Mobile Foundation Server
- Run the Application on the Mobile
- View the Mobile Foundation Application analytics data in the Mobile Analytics Server console
Step 1 : Configure the Mobile Analytics Service with the Mobile Foundation Server
Once Mobile foundation server is deployed, you’ll see an option to ‘Add Analytics’. Clicking on this creates an instance of ‘Mobile Analytics’ and adds to Mobile Foundation Server.
You’ll see a link in the left navigation inside Mobile Foundation Operations console to launch ‘Analytics Console’. Clicking on this launches ‘Analytics Console’.
Once the Analytics Console is launched, turn off the demo mode
Step 2 : Configure the Mobile Foundation Application with the Mobile Foundation Server
For the sake of demonstration, we have chosen the sample – Preemptive Login Cordova Application
Step 3 : Run the Application on the Mobile
Once the application is launched in your mobile
- Login to the application using the username and password john/john
- Click on the ‘Get Balance’ button to get the balance of your account
- Click on the Logout button to complete the session and close the application
- Close the application and launch the application and repeat the steps i, ii and iii.
Step 4 : View the Mobile Foundation Application analytics data in the Mobile Analytics Server console
- Click on the Refresh icon on the Analytics console to view the data.
- Click on the Users link to view the data
- Click on the Sessions link to view the data
- Click on the Network Request link to view the data
- Click on the Crashes link to view the data