Share this post:
Starting today, IBM Cloud Log Analysis increases its presence in Bluemix. You can find the service tile in the DevOps section of the Bluemix catalog. IBM Cloud Log Analysis provides log collection and log search services for the Bluemix platform, automatically collecting application and Bluemix services’ data from select Bluemix services. Discover the service today in US South (Dallas). It will roll out to EU-GB (London) in August 2017, and EU Central (Frankfurt) in September 2017.
Today’s announcement includes exciting abilities:
- Retain logs as long as you require. Logs are stored on IBM Cloud storage. You can download logs when you need them.
- Use the new APIs to manage your retained logs and send log data from outside the IBM Cloud.
- Choose the amount of logs that you can search per day. Different plans are available that you can use to search up to 500MB, 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB of logs per day.
- Access your service through the Bluemix catalog. For the IBM Bluemix Containers service with single and group containers, and IBM Cloud Foundry services, you can access the service from the Bluemix UI.
Change in service location. Here is what you need to know:
Starting on July 31, 2017, the new service abilities are available from a new web URL in Bluemix.
- The service will forward log data to both the legacy and new service URLs for no less than 30 days from August 1, 2017.
- When you access the service through the Bluemix UI, you will be automatically linked to the new service URL and no action is needed.
- If you have Kibana bookmarks saved in your browser, you will need to update them to the new Kibana URLs.
- If you have custom Kibana dashboards, you will need to migrate them to the new Kibana URLs.
- The Lite plan offers 500MB per day of data that you can search and retains that data for 3 days. Upgrade to a premium plan for expanded log retention and log search capabilities.
- Finally, you may continue to access the old service URL, with the legacy previous log collection and retention policy for no less than 30 days from August 1, 2017.
Empower your DevOps team with IBM Cloud Log Analysis. Gain insights into your environment to quickly detect, diagnose, and identify issues. Keep your log data and your application workloads safe guarded on a centralized cloud class economical storage solution. Spend less time instrumenting your application and more time enhancing its value. Learn more about IBM Cloud Log Analysis here!
Try it today and let us know what you think!