May 12, 2017 | Written by: Carl Swanson
Categorized: Community | Events
Share this post:
Time again for the Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley, a hugely successful gathering of Cloud Foundry and PaaS focused companies eager to expand their application development knowledge on the Cloud Foundry platform.
Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley, June 13-15, 2017 in Santa Clara, California, USA, is the summer’s biggest event for enterprise application developers and the industry’s preeminent event for developers looking to increase cloud-native skills, with offerings that include its on-site Developer Certification program and speaking tracks dedicated to specific languages, such as Node.js and Java. IBM is especially proud to be hosting the Node.js track with a series of great speakers as we talk about this important Cloud-native language. You can also join the Diversity Luncheon, sponsored by IBM
Diversity Luncheon: Why Women Leave Tech: Research & Interventions – Karen Holtzblatt, Founder, Women in Tech Retention Project & CEO, InContext Design – Thursday, June 15 • 1:20pm – 2:30pm
Join us and the Node.js community to kick off Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley with a series of Node.js centered lightning talks and a reception on June 12th at 7:30PM at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Get a sneak peak of the speakers for the dedicated Node.js track at the Summit, hear from IBMers and the CEO of Snyk. Register here!
IBM has an incredible line-up of speakers on a broad range of Cloud Foundry topics and expertise. Please join us for these great engagements:
- Stay Out of My Yard! Isolation Segments – a New Feature for Isolating Workloads in Cloud Foundry – Sandy Cash & Dan Lavine, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 3:05pm
- Open Service Broker API: Creating a Cross-Platform Standard – Shannon Coen, Pivotal & Doug Davis, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 12:30pm
- Rapid API Prototyping with LoopBack – Erin McKean, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 5:25pm
- OCI Images for Droplets and Buildpacks – Julian Friedman, IBM – Thursday, June 15 • 2:30pm
- 99 Problems But a Container Ain’t One: Forget Serverless, Let’s Talk Containerless Development – Julian Friedman, IBM – Thursday, June 15 • 12:50pm
- CF Serverless: CloudFoundry as a Platform for Serverless Computing – Nima Kaviani & Michael Maximilien, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 3:05pm
- Accelerate your Digital Transformation – Michael Dawson, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 3:05pm
- Unlocking Diego: Achieving Distributed Robustness Through Simplicity and Reliability – Nima Kaviani, IBM & Adrian Zankich, Pivotal – Wednesday, June 14 • 11:50am
- Unlock the Power of IoT and Cognitive Computing with Node.js and Cloud Foundry – Andrew Trice, IBM – Thursday, June 15 • 12:50pm – 1:20pm
- Architecture and Performance of Royal Bank of Canada’s Online Banking Application on Cloud Foundry Platform – Surya V Duggirala, IBM & Milorad Stefanovic, Royal Bank of Canada – Wednesday, June 14 • 12:30pm
- Monitoring and Diagnosing the Performance Problems of Enterprise Applications on Cloud Foundry Application Platform – Surya V Duggirala & Igor Music, Royal Bank of Canada – Wednesday, June 14 • 2:25pm
- To Kill a Monolith: Slaying the Demons of a Monolith with Node.js Microservices on CloudFoundry – Tony Erwin, IBM – Wednesday, June 14 • 12:30pm
- Monitoring Node.js Microservices on CloudFoundry with Open Source Tools and a Shoestring Budget – Tony Erwin, IBM – Thursday, June 15 • 11:30am
Great keynotes are planned, including:
Keynote: The Makers of Marvels: How Developers Are Rebuilding the Enterprise, One Brick at a Time – Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation – Tuesday, June 13 • 3:35pm – 3:55pm
Keynote: Jessica Criscione, Director of Technology Management at Ogilvy & Mather – Thursday, June 15 • 9:40am – 10:00am
Come listen as Jessica Criscione, Director of Technology Management, shares how the critical selection of developer-focused technology solutions drives the enablement of enterprise marketing efforts.
Time to Register!
Register for all the great developer engagement, education and PaaS delivery action – You can see the full speaker line-up and all details here.
While you’re there, please stop by and learn about all that IBM is doing with Cloud Foundry and the many opportunities developers have to build / host / deploy applications in our own enterprise ready PaaS solution, IBM Bluemix!