October 4, 2016 | Written by: Robin Nemesszeghy
Categorized: What's New
Share this post:
IBM Informix is now available on the cloud in Bluemix. The functionality of the new Bluemix version is parallel to the Advanced Enterprise Edition Server. The same great features are present along with some masterful new additions, making it simpler for both new and existing customers to use and deploy.
What does the Informix service provide?
- A preconfigured Informix server on a SoftLayer machine, ready for use
- production environment
- development environment
- mission critical OLTP applications
- mixed workloads
- legacy applications
- any workload that can be executed in a historical on-prem environment.
Check out Informix on Cloud in the catalog
See Getting Started with IBM Informix on Cloud for Bluemix for more details.
Who benefits from this product?
This product is for any customer interested in a cost effective, fast provisioning setup, and an environment ready made for the cloud which they can control to the benefit of their business. The hosted server environment tailors to the customer’s needs, effectively allowing database capacity expansion. This includes:
- White space customers
- IoT and Embed customers
- Supports cloud deployments of applications that will need JSON/BSON and SQL apps simultaneously in the same database, in the same queries
- Allows for faster deployment of innovative cloud applications due to REST interface and MQTT
With Informix on Cloud, users can now take advantage of the high-performance Informix engine that integrates TimeSeries, Spatial, NoSQL, and SQL data together.