October 8, 2016 | Written by: Robin Nemesszeghy
Share this post:
Informix is now available on the cloud in Bluemix. The functionality of the new Bluemix version is parallel to the Advanced Enterprise Edition Server. The same great features are present along with some masterful new additions, making it simpler for both new and existing customers to use and deploy.
See the link at the bottom of the page for more information on how to get started with Informix on Cloud for Bluemix.
What this product is used for
- A preconfigured Informix server on a SoftLayer machine, ready for use
- production environment
- development environment
- mission critical OLTP applications
- mixed workloads
- legacy applications
- any workload that can be executed in a historical on-prem environment.
Who benefits from this product
This product is for any customer interested in a cost effective, fast provisioning setup, and an environment ready made for the cloud which they can control to the benefit of their business. The hosted server environment tailors to the customer’s needs, effectively allowing database capacity expansion. This includes:
- White space customers
- IoT and Embed customers
- Supports cloud deployments of applications that will need JSON/BSON and SQL apps simultaneously in the same database, in the same queries
- Allows for faster deployment of innovative cloud applications due to REST interface and MQTT
With Informix on Cloud, users can now take advantage of the high-performance Informix engine that integrates TimeSeries, Spatial, NoSQL, and SQL data together.
Brand New Updates
Informix on Cloud for Bluemix now supports PayGo. This allows customers who are selecting a new service the option to pay directly by credit card without having to contact IBM sales.
Visit the following page to learn more about how to get started with the service:
Getting Started with IBM Informix on Cloud for Bluemix