August 9, 2016 | Written by: Rahul Garg
Categorized: Community | Watson
Share this post:
Thank you for using the Watson Dialog service on Bluemix. We’d like to inform you that we are retiring the Watson Dialog service on August 9, 2016. On July 11, 2016, we released the generally available Watson Conversation service to replace Watson Dialog so that you can build more compelling bots and virtual agents.
Watson Conversation includes a rich set of tooling that allows users to easily create an intent classifier, extract entities, and design dialog flows without having knowledge of xml or coding. Please see this blog post for more details on Watson Conversation.
Here’s what you need to know:
- End of Marketing Date: September 8, 2016
- As of September 8, 2016, the service tile will be removed from the Bluemix catalog, and you will no longer be able to provision new Watson Dialog instances. However, existing instances will continue to be supported.
- End of Support Date: August 9, 2017
- For a period of 365 days after the service retirement date, through August 9, 2017, all existing instances will continue to be available to users through their Bluemix dashboard, and will continue to be supported by Watson Dialog.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Users are therefore asked to unprovision their Watson Dialog service instance(s) prior to the End of Support Date.
We encourage existing Watson Dialog service users to move to the Watson Conversation service on Bluemix now. Please see this blog post for more details about the key differences between the two services that you will need to know.
As always, we’re here to help! Please reach out to us in the support forums, or on Twitter.
—The Bluemix Team
Please Note: Deprecation of Japanese-enabled Dialog API will be separately announced.