December 22, 2015 | Written by: Amy Blea
Categorized: Storage | What's New
Share this post:
Get in early with a sneak peek at IBM Bluemix Block Storage via an Experimental service available now in Bluemix Labs! This Experimental service makes block storage available to Bluemix Virtual machines in London and enables developers to provision and manage persistent, on-demand storage for applications that require high performing, low latency storage.
Bluemix developers and users can easily attach and detach volumes to their Virtual Machines, manage snapshots and expand their volume sizes as their storage capacity requirements grow.
With this new service, users have access to the following key features:
- Service dashboard UI for block storage management, featuring over all view of block storage usage, volume management, snapshot management, and ability to attach/detach to Bluemix Virtual Machines
- Industry adopted OpenStack Cinder API and SDKs to access your block storage volumes programmatically
- Easily expand your volumes on the fly without having to create a new volume from a copy or snapshot
- Create and manage snapshots of your data for Business Continuity
- Backed by Flash storage to provide performance required by I/O intensive, transactional cloud applications
- Authentication for the service is performed by using the OpenStack Identity v3 API.
And durability backed by IBM’s SoftLayer Cloud platform.
Get started today!
Available in Bluemix Labs Catalog with 500GB Free Tier for Experimental Users.