July 10, 2015 | Written by: Elson Yuen
Categorized: What's New
Share this post:
A new version of IBM Eclipse Tools for Bluemix is now available for download. This latest version is packed with new features and improvements. Here are some highlighted capabilities introduced in this update:
- Java 8 Liberty for Java support
The Liberty for Java runtime in Bluemix now supports deploying and running projects that are compiled using Java 8. To specify the runtime Java version, create an environment variable during deployment with the name
JBP_CONFIG_IBMJDK and set the value to “[version: 1.7.+]” or “[version: 1.8.+]”. The Java version is validated to ensure compatibility with the Java version used for project compilation.
- Incremental publish support of web fragment projects
Incremental publish support for JEE applications has been expanded to support web fragment projects.
- Eclipse Mars support
The Tools now support the latest Eclipse Mars version, which has recently been released.
- Trust self-signed certificates support
You can specify that self-signed certificates be trusted when adding user-defined Cloud URLs.
- Other improvements
A number of other usability improvements have been introduced in this release:
- Improved responsiveness on canceling application deployment and publish operations.
- “Map/Unmap Project” has been renamed to “Link with Project/Unlink Project” and automatically refreshes applications after the project is linked or unlinked.
- Service deletion is blocked when the service is bound to an existing application.
- Detection of unsupported Java versions being used to run the Tools.
- Simplified application labels on the Servers view when the application name is the same as the project name.
In addition to adding new capabilities in this version update, we have also included a number of bug fixes.
Get it now!
Give feedback on dWAnswers
If you are new to IBM Eclipse Tools for Bluemix, or you want to find out more, you can find more information below: