July 20, 2015 | Written by: Dan Kehn
Share this post:
Today’s developers rely on search for problem resolution and how-to advice. Many of those searches land on Stack Overflow, a leader among technical community Q&A. Recognizing the importance of engaging with developers where they congregate online, the Bluemix development and support team is active on Stack Overflow, following the #bluemix tag.
Stack Overflow offers guidelines on what types of questions are welcome in Can I support my product on Stack Overflow? Their guidelines are repeated below with clarification for Bluemix-specific questions:
- How do I? — Stack Overflow
- I got this error, why? — Stack Overflow
- Service XYZ in region ABC is down, is this a known issue? — dW Answers
- I got this error and I’m sure it’s a bug — dW Answers
- I have an idea/request — dW Answers
- Why do you …? — dW Answers
- When will you …? — dW Answers
For further clarification and guidance, it’s worth reading Stack Overflow’s What topics can I ask about here? and How do I ask a good question? Much of the advice offered there applies to just about any Q&A community.
Bluemix on Stack Overflow
Bluemix on dW Answers
Your questions and comments about these guidelines are welcome below.