April 2, 2015 | Written by: Sai Vennam
Categorized: What's New
Share this post:
2015 has been a busy year for the IBM SDK for Node.js. We have introduced new features, improved existing ones, and squashed various bugs! Here’s what you need to know:
- Bluemix Live Sync: Three cool new features to help quickly develop on Bluemix as if you would on the desktop, without redeploying.
- Desktop Sync: Synchronize any (Windows) desktop tree to a cloud-based project workspace
- Live Edit: You can make changes to a Node.js application running in Bluemix and test them in your browser right away.
- Debug: Shell into your environment and debug! You can edit code dynamically, insert breakpoints, step through code, restart the runtime, and more using the Node Inspector debugger.
- Sync with CF: We’ve pulled in the latest changes from the Cloud Foundry’s Node.js buildpack. This comes with a number of bug-fixes and improvements made by the community. As we keep in sync with the community version, you can expect to see faster community fixes and features available on Bluemix.
- Latest IBM Node.js Runtimes: We’ve packaged the latest IBM SDK for Node.js runtime, v188.8.131.52. This means you’ll get a fully supported IBM Node.js runtime when specifying the latest stable Node.js runtime for your application, v0.10.38.
The latest Node.js Buildpack version is