Success in the 5G edge era calls for a vibrant partner ecosystem
Engineer in a factory using a digital tablet
The convergence of edge computing, AI and hybrid multicloud with the rollout of 5G will spark a whole new level of innovation. A manufacturer could more quickly and efficiently enable automated machines and industrial robots to analyze data right on the factory floor. A retailer could use AI-infused applications to mitigate profit-sensitive issues like spillage and spoilage. An automotive company could potentially improve driver experiences through alerts and car-to-car communications.
At IBM, we believe enterprises should have a common environment where they can build once and deploy anywhere — across public or private clouds to IT data centers to billions of devices and endpoints at the edge. This vision requires interoperable solutions based on open technologies and an open framework to take advantage of and build on this emerging edge opportunity.
We think making the promise of edge a reality requires a diverse set of hardware and infrastructure providers, edge device manufacturers, industry ISVs and more. Those are precisely the types of partners we’re working with by the dozens, all of which share the common point of view that edge will enable a new wave of innovation and create a new set of challenges we will tackle together — all around a set of prioritized industry use cases.
Our ecosystem efforts focus on:
- Enabling consistent management of software-defined networking and computing infrastructure at the edge
- Mobilizing Kubernetes workloads to run at the edge
- Standardizing edge device and IoT integration
It is only with a community of like-minded collaborators, including skilled IBM Business Partners, that the true potential of 5G and edge can be unlocked for businesses. If you are interested in learning more, visit our website and let’s take it to the edge.
- Learn more about IBM and edge computing: https://www.ibm.com/cloud/edge-computing
- Read the IDC Study: https://www.ibm.com/account/reg/us-en/signup?formid=urx-42587
- Access the guide for all IBM® Cloud Pak™ enablement resources
- Explore our sales enablement material on Seismic
- Learn how to go to market with IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Certify your application for Cloud Paks
- Find out more about the Edge ecosystem
would love to discuss with you how we can grow and thrive together!
 IDC White Paper, sponsored by IBM, “The Importance of Effective Operations in Unlocking Edge IT Value,” January 2020