Join the Cloud Pak for Data 3.0 ecosystem
In these challenging times, it is more important than ever to be part of a strong partner ecosystem that is positioned for sustained growth. In fact David La Rose, our Partner Ecosystem General Manager, recently communicated how important our partners are to IBM, laying out several measures we have taken to help our partners emerge from this global crisis in a position of strength.
Moreover, now is the time to participate in a partner ecosystem that will accelerate the client journey to AI, for both competitive advantage and cost structure reasons. From our clients’ perspective, 84% of C-level executives believe they won’t achieve their business strategy without scaling AI, and 73% of these same executives believe they run the risk of going out of business by 2025 if they are unsuccessful with AI.1
Third times the charm
This month, IBM has announced Cloud Pak for Data release 3.0, which will empower clients with self-service data and AI capabilities, making their journey to AI easier than before while helping them to manage costs. A recent Forrester study shows that early deployers of Cloud Pak for Data are already realizing significant productivity improvements through faster data model development and deployment — up to USD 1.2 million – USD 3.4 million in benefits — while reducing infrastructure management efforts by 65 to 85%.2
This latest release brings several innovative new capabilities to the Cloud Pak for Data platform, such as a unified user experience, continued IBM commitment to open standards with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.3, support for analytics on the enterprise edge and several new, built-in and extended services such as IBM Planning Analytics. But what’s really compelling about this announcement from a partner perspective is the expansion of a more vibrant and expanded partner ecosystem.
IBM Cloud Pak for Data 3.0 enables the following opportunities for the IBM partner community:
- Take advantage of new Cloud Pak for Data industry accelerators
- Support new, third-party data-as-a-service extensions, including data from The Weather Company, an IBM Business
- Enable the building of IBM DataOps services on the Cloud Pak for Data platform, including innovative technology partners like Box, Trifacta, Loqate and Actifio
- Run efficiently on Power AI; when data-intensive and AI workloads are the bottom line, you can deploy your hybrid cloud AI solutions on IBM Power
- Support Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage to help your teams develop and deploy applications quickly and efficiently across clouds and/or on premise behind a fire wall
- Integrate seamlessly with the Red Hat Marketplace (available in June 2020)
Join and win with IBM
The right ecosystems can encourage open innovation from vendors, partners and clients alike. And now more than ever, clients need the right tools and support to accelerate their journey to AI while reducing costs. With Cloud Pak for Data release 3.0, IBM and our partners — partners like iOLAP, MongoDB, FigureEight, and Intel — will continue to extend our leadership as the data and AI platform for business.
1. Accenture report, “AI: Built to Scale,” global survey of 1,500 C-level executives across 16 industries, Nov-2019.
2. Forrester study, “New Technology: The Projected Total Economic ImpactTM of IBM Cloud Pak for Data,” Feb-2020.
3. ITIC 2019 Global Server Hardware, Server OS Reliability Survey (mid-year update), Oct-2019