IBM TechU Las Vegas: Go all in
For IBM Business Partners, staying up to speed on IBM technologies is critically important. The pace of change in the tech industry is rapid, and you need ongoing skills training as new versions, offerings and capabilities are released to address client needs. If not, it’s easy to get left behind.
Regular technical training is the only way to ensure you’re working with the latest knowledge and delivering the best results for your customers. And there’s no better place for technical training on IBM Systems offerings than at IBM Systems Technical University (TechU).
For over two decades, IBM Systems has organized technical conferences to empower our clients, Business Partners and employees with the latest skills on technologies such as IBM Power Systems, IBM Storage and Software Defined Infrastructure, IBM Z and IBM LinuxONE.
This video with some of our Business Partners describes why they attend:
- “To be updated on all the latest and greatest technical things related to Power and Z”
- “To network with people I don’t get to see all the time from other companies”
What else do attendees have to say?
- “These are fantastic sessions that…provide you a wealth of knowledge.”
- “When you go back to the clients, you are able to expose them to what has been released” and “help the customer get to the next phase” of its business.
TechU events deliver comprehensive technical training on Systems technologies and provide invaluable opportunities to learn, boost credentials and network with like-minded professionals. And they are offered around the world throughout the year.
This October, we’ll be holding IBM TechU in Las Vegas at the Venetian Resort.
What to expect at TechU Las Vegas
At TechU Las Vegas, IBM Business Partners can sharpen their technical expertise, explore the latest technology, test new products and learn from their peers. The event runs from October 7 to 11, 2019, and it will offer attendees 4.5 days of skills training, networking and more. Here’s what you can expect:
Technical training is at the heart of TechU, and at this October’s conference we will offer:
- 700+ technical sessionsdelivered by IBM subject matter experts, including topics like AI, cloud, pervasive encryption, DevOps and more (see the full list of key topics here)
- Special “Fast Start” tracks for rookies and pros to help you quickly build skills and work towards IBM Digital Badges in key areas such as z/OS, LinuxONE, DevOps, pervasive encryption, Power/AIX, IBM I and storage
- Hands-on labs and demos for those of you who like to explore independently and fulfill your curiosity directly with the technology
- An IT leadership and professional development track to help you grow your skills in consultative selling, design thinking, communication, governance and other crucial leadership capabilities
- A solution center to showcase your business, build brand awareness, broaden your technology knowledge and establish key contacts
In addition to the wealth of technical training available at TechU Las Vegas, the event is also a great place to network with your customers, peers and IBM Systems experts. After all, networking is one of the most obvious reasons to attend conferences, and TechU attendees are emphatic about the value of the business networks at the event.
It’s essential for everyone in business today to keep skills fresh, and certifications and digital credentials (like the digital badges mentioned above) have become a popular way to demonstrate expertise. TechU attendees can receive discounts on IBM Systems hardware and software certification exams.
The invaluable skills training available at the conference can help Business Partners increase sales, compete more strongly, broaden their business scope and reduce the risk of working with new technologies while retaining control of their client relationships. And in case you weren’t aware, IBM Business Partners can save on TechU tuition by using their PGI, Competency and PartnerWorld vouchers.
I hope you’ll join me this October in Las Vegas.