Give your business a jump: Earn your mark in the hybrid multicloud market
By Todd Grube and Zayrus Romero Perez | 3 minute read | September 30, 2019
There are few track events that are as visually compelling as the high jump. When everything goes right and you watch that competitor arc through the air, it’s amazing. And when things get challenging, that can be pretty spectacular as well.
High jumping is a very technical event that requires training, practice and the honing of critical skills including speed, power and flexibility. The same skills that clients demand today in the highly competitive cloud market.
The rise of cloud has reset clients’ expectations of their IT infrastructure. And nearly every business is embarking on its own journey to cloud with most deploying solutions based on emerging hybrid and multicloud architectures. In fact, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), the “worldwide spending on public cloud services and infrastructure is forecasted to reach USD 210 billion in 2019, an increase of 23.8 percent over 2018.” 1
This growth is creating a significant market where you have the opportunity to lead with the right technology, skills and empowerment. And our technology partners that move faster, work harder and jump higher will be able to outperform and outcompete in this driven, hybrid multicloud era.
In this spirit of healthy competition, we want to give a “leg up” to our Business Partners and help empower you to demonstrate your established successes and commitment to delivering cloud solutions hand-in-hand with the IBM Power Systems infrastructure. Now, you can earn the new Ready for IBM Power Systems on Cloud Business Partner mark, which recognizes that your business is leading the way in helping clients innovate and transform on their journey to cloud.
With this new mark, you’ll realize a number of advantages, such as:
- Your clients and prospects will know IBM has validated your cloud solution based on Power Systems infrastructure and that your solution complies with IBM’s technical integration standards.
- Your “Ready for” solution will be highlighted in the IBM Business Partner Showcase, a tool that clients and prospects frequently use to find the right solution to meet their needs.
- Your business will be able to better distinguish itself in a crowded marketplace, building prestige and earning broader industry recognition.
“We’ve been leveraging IBM Power Systems to deliver multicloud solutions for over 10 years and +1,000 clients,” explains Dave Wiseman, VP of IBM Business Partner Connectria. “It’s flexibility and performance has been extraordinary, allowing us to differentiate our solutions. By joining the Ready for IBM Power Systems initiative, we are able to show our expertise and partnership with IBM as we help clients with their journey to cloud.”
Phil Hyams, Sales Director at IBM Business Partner Meridian IT UK echoes similar sentiments, adding: “The Ready for IBM Power Systems on Cloud initiative underlines our expertise and client success in the multicloud era and our commitment to delivering solutions around Power Systems and IBM Cloud.”
A winning strategy
In this cloud era, you are essential to delivering the next generation of IT infrastructure. And your mark will encourage our mutual clients to recognize that you can help accelerate their journey into this new hybrid and multicloud world by offering them security-rich, reliable and flexible cloud solutions.
By joining the IBM Power Systems on Cloud initiative, you’ll also be in a better position to take advantage of the broad scope of the entire IBM Power Systems portfolio as well as the value of Red Hat OpenShift to enhance your own value-add as a cloud services provider and IT infrastructure Business Partner.
Take the leap
To distinguish your business and secure your mark, we encourage you to visit the IBM Power Systems on Cloud mark’s qualification criteria and process. It’s simple, you just need to:
- Have a cloud solution supported on IBM Power Systems that offers the availability of a redundant data center, maintains 24 x 7 x 365 service level support and demonstrates proven success in the market
- Register your cloud solution based on IBM Power Systems in the IBM Global Solutions Directory
- Nominate your solution to the IBM Ready for Power Systems on Cloud initiative
- Receive authorization to use the mark from IBM PartnerWorld after your nomination is approved
It’s time to jump high, earn your mark and join the Ready for IBM Power Systems on Cloud community.
1 IDC Worldwide Public Cloud Service Spending Guide – February 2019 https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS44891519