As data volumes and sources continue to expand at an accelerating rate, analysts spend up to 80 percent of their day collecting data from numerous sources such as the web, PDFs, text reports and log files to prepare it for analysis. Analysts are further challenged to make this data actionable as the use of self-service data discovery and business analytics increases.
Diluting the data deluge
The alliance between Datawatch and IBM Watson Analytics offers businesses the fast and easy-to-use applications that significantly reduce time spent on data extraction, data preparation and sense-making. Datawatch Monarch works with a wide range of report formats, including PDF, XML, HTML, text, spool and ASCII files. Analysts and other users can easily access data from invoices, sales reports, balance sheets, customer lists, inventory, logs and more. Data is then cleansed and consolidated and sent directly to Watson Analytics.
Analysts are free to analyze…and so are you
No only can analysts can now focus on translating their data into business value and insights, but you can also use the powerful cognitive computing of Watson Analytics to find insights in data that has been prepped to make analysis more accurate. The intuitive and visual experience enables you to create and deliver relevant and up-to-date decision support in the form of visual data discovery dashboards and reports to their entire organization. The combination of Datawatch data preparation and Watson Analytics means that all available data is included.
How can Datawatch Monarch for IBM Analytics help you? Let’s count the ways
Here are the top 10 ways Monarch data preparation helps IBM Watson Analytics users:
- Simple to use. Prepare all types of data by working directly with it.
- Automatic data extraction. Drag and drop, no scripting skills required.
- Web page data extraction. Capture just the data without other page “noise”
- Instant understanding. Visually navigate and filter data and metadata of any size
- Multiple source connectivity. Out-of-the-box connectivity tools link to all major relational databases, Hadoop, NoSQL, Salesforce.com and more.
- Prep visibility. Automatically capture every change made for transparency.
- Process automation. Save prep steps for reuse and reapplication
- Powerful algorithms. Easily join disparate data without being a data scientist
- Report consolidation. Append tables with a single mouse click
- Watson-ready. Prepped data exports directly into IBM Watson Analytics, ready for analysis
Download The Ultimate Analyst Guide to Preparing Data for IBM Watson Analytics to learn more about the benefits of faster data preparation, register to attend a free demo to see Datawatch Monarch in action, or download your free trial today!
Watson Analytics is always free. Find out how to sign up at www.watsonanalytics.com.
About the guest blogger
Dan Potter is Chief Marketing Officer at Datawatch Corporation. In this role, Dan is responsible for the worldwide marketing communications, product marketing and go-to-market strategies for Datawatch. Prior to Datawatch, Dan led the product marketing and go-to-market strategy for IBM’s personal and workgroup analytics products and before that, he held senior roles at Oracle, Progress, and Attunity where he was responsible for identifying and launching solutions across a variety of emerging markets including cloud computing, real-time data streaming, federated data, and e-commerce.