Share this post:
This post was updated on September 14, 2018 to reflect an extension to the End of Support date and new migration information.
We’d like to inform you that we are retiring the existing Statica service on September 25, 2018. To continue using the Statica service, you can sign up directly with QuotaGuard here.
Here’s what you need to know:
In effect, Statica instances cannot be provisioned. However, existing instances will continue to be supported until the End of Support Date.
End of Support Date: September 25, 2018
- Now through September 25, all existing instances will continue to be available. All existing instances will also continue to be supported by Statica.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Delete your Statica service instances before the End of Support Date.
How to Migrate from IBM to QuotaGuard with No Downtime or Interruptions to your Statica Service
(Reminder : Statica and QuotaGuard are the same service, just a different name)
Before September 25, 2018:
1. Sign up with QuotaGuard use an appropriate plan on QuotaGuard.com.If you have any questions about your expected plan limits, you can review your usual usage on IBM’s platform to determine your what your expected usage will be when switching to the QuotaGuard platform. You can upgrade/downgrade at any time based on your monthly usage and your IP addresses will not change.
2. Contact QuotaGuard Support and tell them you are doing the “IBM migration to QuotaGuard”. It would be great if you could provide the following in your original email, if known :
- Statica Username
- Current IBM IP addresses
- Current Connection URL
(Any combination of these will greatly assist QuotaGuard with making the switch easily behind the scenes.)
3. QuotaGuard will update your proxy behind the scenes and let you know when it’s complete. They have a built in system that makes this transition very easy for them to do, so it shouldn’t take very long at all during normal business hours.
4. Once QuotaGuard respond via email that they’ve completed the change, you can migrate at your convenience with no downtime.