June 26, 2018 | Written by: Deepika Devarajan
Categorized: Watson | What's New
Share this post:
You spoke, we listened! In response to feedback from our customers, we are rolling out new pricing plans for Watson Discovery, effective August 1, 2018. Read on to learn more about Discovery pricing changes.
Watson Discovery is a cloud native AI-powered insight engine that enables you to effortlessly find value in any data. Whether you want to find answers, surface patterns, or monitor trends, Watson Discovery allows you to quickly extract the most relevant information from your own data.
What is changing with Discovery pricing?
- Simple and Predictable Advanced Plan: The Advanced Plan will be based on document tiers with a simple price calculation (no more document hours!). This means your monthly bill will not fluctuate based on the number of documents unless you are switching between tiers. Moreover, we have value priced our tiers with very generous document allowances, enabling you to analyze more data at a significantly lower price.
- Retirement of Standard Plan: Standard Plans will no longer be available to new users. If you are on an existing standard plan, you can continue using it or upgrade to our Advanced Plan which combines value with seamless scale.
- Lower Lite Plan Limits: Keeping with the spirit of a free forever “try before buy” plan, the document and news query limits for the Lite Plan are lowered to 1000 docs/month and 200 news queries/month. Your first custom model is still on us!
- Drastically Lower Premium Plan Pricing: If you are looking for data and compute isolation to meet higher information security requirements, contact us about our Premium Plan. We have lowered the pricing significantly while keeping key features such as single tenant deployment architecture, end-to-end encryption, higher plan volumes, guaranteed SLAs as well as access to advanced product capabilities.
- Tiered Pricing for News Queries: For users paying for news queries in the Advanced or Premium plans, we are introducing discounts for larger volumes on a tiered basis, lowering your current price.
There are no changes to custom model pricing on the public plans. See image for a visual breakdown.
When is Discovery pricing changing?
All changes take effect on Aug 1, 2018. Absolutely no action is required from you. However, your billing and usage beginning August will be calculated based on the new pricing.
Where can I find more details?
More information will be available within our documentation when the changes go live. If you have any questions, please reach out on our forums – we would love to hear from you! If you would like to enquire about our new Premium Plans, contact us!