Share this post:
The Monitoring and Analytics service will be retired on March 1, 2018.
This service is being replaced by IBM Cloud Availability Monitoring, which is a newer offering that adds synthetic monitoring capabilities.
The logging capability of Monitoring and Analytics can be replaced with the IBM Cloud Monitoring tool.
Here’s what you need to know:
End of Marketing Date: February 6, 2018
As of February 6, 2018, new Monitoring and Analytics instances cannot be provisioned. However, existing instances will continue to be supported.
End of Support Date: March 1, 2018
- For a period of 22 days after the End of Marketing Date through March 1, 2018, all existing instances will continue to be available on the Services dashboard in the IBM Cloud console. Also note, that any existing instances will continue to be supported by Monitoring and Analytics.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Please delete your Monitoring and Analytics service instances before the End of Support Date.
- You can switch to IBM Cloud Availability Monitoring for availability and response time monitoring. To get started, you will need to bind your service to Availability Monitoring in order to see data in the dashboard. From there you can set up any synthetic tests that you would like to run, such as page load, REST API tests, or scripted tests. See this blog post and documentation for information on getting started with Availability Monitoring. Additional diagnostic and performance monitoring capabilities are available with IBM Cloud Application Performance Management
- Switch to IBM Cloud Monitoring to automatically start seeing logging metrics for your IBM Cloud applications
As always, we’re here to help! Reach out to us in the support forums if you have questions.