October 8, 2017 | Written by: Carl Swanson
Categorized: Community | Events
Share this post:
It’s time again for the Cloud Foundry Summit Europe, a hugely successful gathering of Cloud Foundry and PaaS focused companies eager to expand their application development knowledge on the Cloud Foundry platform. Cloud Foundry allows developers the freedom to abstract away infrastructure and focus on the task: mission-critical applications.
Join 1000+ developers at Cloud Foundry Summit EU on October 12-13 2017 in Basel, Switzerland to learn how to streamline your development operations in your language and framework of choice.
IBM is excited to announce that we are a Gold Sponsor of Cloud Foundry Summit Europe. We will have an expo floor booth where attendees will be able to observe and participate in live demonstrations of IBM Cloud and its features. This year’s conference continues the focus on be critical developers, offering relevant tracks like, cloud native microservices, Cloud Foundry in the enterprise, experiments and extensions, core project updates and more. There will be over 50 sessions and keynotes, multiple on-site training opportunities, a Certified Developer Exam, and lots of opportunities to meet those from the Cloud Foundry Community.
We’re also very honored to announce our sponsorship of the Cloud Foundry Diversity Luncheon! IBM is thrilled to have Swetha Repakula, Cloud Foundry Open Source Contributor from IBM Open Technology, on the panel for the Diversity Luncheon. The panel will focus on Jennifer Cloer’s new documentary series The Chasing Grace Project https://www.chasinggracefilm.com/, as the Cloud Foundry Foundation is a sponsor of the film. The Chasing Grace Project is a six episode documentary series focused on telling the narrative of women in tech. During the Diversity Luncheon the trailer for the documentary series will be shown, then panel discussion will follow.
Wednesday October 11
- 11:30 – 11:40 Introduction to the Experiments & Extensions Track – Dr. Nic, Stark & Wayne & Sandy Cash, Senior SW Engineer and Cloud Architect, IBM
- 11:40 – 12:10 To Kill a Monolith: Slaying the Demons of a Monolith with Node.js Microservices on CloudFoundry -Tony Erwin, Lead Architect, IBM Bluemix UIIBM
- 11:40 – 12:10 What’s Happening in CF-Extensions – Michael (dr. max) Maximilien, IBM
- 13:00 – 13:30 Cloud Foundry AutoScaler Service: Features, Design and Roadmap – Ying Liu, IBM
- 18:00 – 18:05 Lightning Talk: Let a 1000 Flowers Bloom – Dr. Michael Maximilien, IBM
Thursday October 12
- 1:15 – 11:45 Banking on Cloud Foundry Platform: A Case Study of Digital Business Banking Applications of Royal Bank of Canada – Surya V Duggirala, IBM & Milorad Stefanovic, Royal Bank of Canada
- 11:55 – 12:25 Completely Isolate your App’s Traffic: Isolation Segments at the Routing Tier – Swetha Repakula, IBM
- 11:55 – 12:25 CF^3 – Using Kubernetes as the Cloud Foundry IaaS – Sandy Cash, IBM
- 12:35 – 13:05 Getting a Handle on Your Microservices: Istio and the Open Source Broker API – Christopher M Luciano & Morgan Bauer, IBM
Come join us as the leading elevator and escalator manufacturer and service provider, KONE Corp., shares in a keynote talk why they chose the IBM Watson IoT technology running on the IBM Bluemix cloud platform, to connect, remotely monitor and optimize managing more than 1.1 million elevators and escalators worldwide.
Lots more information on their IBM Cloud journey here.
Time to Register!
Register for all the great developer engagement, education and PaaS delivery action – You can see the full speaker line-up and all details here.
While you’re there, please stop by and learn about all that IBM is doing with Cloud Foundry and the many opportunities developers have to build / host / deploy applications in our own enterprise ready PaaS solution, IBM Bluemix!