Share this post:
IBM Cloud Schematics is a solution for deploying cloud infrastructure to the IBM Cloud and other public clouds with an optimized user experience. We are pleased to announce availability of Cloud Schematics in the Dallas Bluemix region, with launches in London and Frankfurt to follow.
Automate delivery of application environments with consistency in multiple clouds
Manually configuring the infrastructure for cloud-native applications is tedious and error prone. Automation reduces errors but typical automation solutions are cloud vendor specific and require specialized skills. Schematics offers a simplified solution for provisioning and orchestrating infrastructure across the IBM Cloud and other resources supported by the Terraform engine.
Define Infrastructure as code with open technology
Schematics uses the popular open source Terraform provisioning engine to manage and deliver cloud resources like virtual machines, Watson cognitive services, and container clusters using the best practices of “infrastructure as code.” Infrastructure as code reduces costs, speeds delivery execution, and reduces risk by documenting and managing infrastructure using the same tools software engineering document, version, and manage code.
Cloud infrastructure delivered as code is reusable, able to be placed under version control, easily shared with others and can be used to replicate environments in a few clicks.
Key elements of IBM Cloud Schematics
- Provision cloud infrastructure and accelerate application delivery into the IBM Cloud and the dozens of other cloud providers supported by the Terraform provisioning engine.
- Deliver and manage infrastructure as code with template driven automation
- Simplified interface for provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure across multiple providers with a single user experience
- Built using the popular open source Terraform provisioning engine
- No charge for all IBM Bluemix users and available as a graphical UI, command line CLI, and REST API
Business value of IBM Cloud Schematics
- Automate delivery of infrastructure – Developers can spend more time building applications and less time building environments when cloud infrastructure is delivered with automation.
- Reduction of errors and security violations through the use of automation to codify and replicate infrastructure easily
- Developers are able to create, collaborate, and share pre-built infrastructure templates published by IBM, partners, and others in the Cloud community.
- Reuse valuable cloud assets – Infrastructure captured as code can be placed in version control, easily replicated and shared across distributed teams. The result is improved development efficiency and a reduction in errors due to inconsistent and misconfigured infrastructure.
IBM Cloud Schematics reduces the pain of delivering IBM Cloud infrastructure by providing a simplified user experience built with open technology.
Try IBM Cloud Schematics today. It’s free!