April 17, 2017 | Written by: Andre Bearfield
Categorized: Compute Infrastructure
Share this post:
IBM and Red Hat have collaborated to offer our enterprise customers and partners the agility and efficiency of a public cloud with the enhanced security, control, and performance of a private cloud environment. IBM Bluemix Private Cloud with Red Hat delivers managed, private cloud technology at scale on Bluemix Cloud Infrastructure, now available with Red Hat OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Ceph Storage.
IBM Bluemix Private Cloud with Red Hat is a certified and managed deployment of Red Hat OpenStack Platform. Together, IBM Bluemix and Red Hat extend the choices for our enterprise customers by providing rapid cloud deployments in worldwide data centers. By removing the CAPEX and ongoing infrastructure management costs, IBM Bluemix Private Cloud with Red Hat can help organizations digitally transform their businesses. We offer an integrated solution that’s enterprise hardened and supported by a broad ecosystem.
Why Choose IBM Bluemix Private Cloud with Red Hat?
Our customers want Red Hat support for their enterprise workloads. Red Hat offers a robust partner eco-system, and it supports partners in developing enterprise applications. Red Hat has the highest adoption rate for any OpenStack distribution. By choosing IBM Bluemix Private Cloud with Red Hat, customers can retain choice, with consistency, for hybrid cloud solutions.
Why choose it over public cloud?
- More cost effective and predictable
- Globally secure data sovereignty
- More consistent performance
- Seamless support from dev/test to production
- Quickly scalable across geographies
- Not locked into proprietary services or APIs
Why choose it over other OpenStack options?
- No need to dedicate internal OpenStack expertise
- Not locked into a complete/specific OS and middleware stack
- Not locked into a vendor’s OpenStack distro or features
- Not dependent on expensive professional services
Want more info? Contact an IBM sales representative.