November 4, 2016 | Written by: Tassoula Kokkoris
Categorized: Events | Open Source
Share this post:
After seeing over 5,000 attendees congregating at OpenStack Summit Barcelona last week, it’s amazing to think that the first event of its kind—just six years ago—only had 75 people.
OpenStack has come a long way, and IBM has stepped up as one of the leading companies using the technology. Our team had a wonderful presence at the event and I’m thrilled to share some highlights.
Fast stacker stats
- Our company boasted over 50 speakers, on topics ranging from containers to community.
- We lead the Oct. 26 keynote, which featured a live Interoperability Challenge.
- Our open cloud team hosted a booth in the Expo Hall, which included pedestals highlighting IBM Cloud Object Storage, IBM Bluemix Private Cloud, and IBM Power Systems. The sponsorship also included a coffee stand for guests to enjoy.
- We also sponsored the Women of OpenStack Breakfast, with a welcome by Jessica Murillo.
- In addition, we hosted a full day of talks featuring thought leaders, executives, and customers who shared their OpenStack expertise and provided use cases/how-to demos about developing and maintaining apps built on open technologies.
Summit Selfie: IBM Booth Staff gather for the last day of the conference.
IBM in the media
Our keynote received a lot of attention—for good reason—since it brought multiple tech vendors together in an unprecedented show of community. See what the press had to say here:
Interop Challenge at OpenStack Barcelona.
I can’t wait to see what we’ll do for an encore in Boston
Sign up for Bluemix. It’s free!