We’re excited to announce that as of September 26th, 2016, a new rebranded Language Translation™ service tile called Language Translator™ was released on Bluemix. Similar to the Language Translation Service, the Language Translator provides domain-specific translation by using Statistical Machine Translation techniques that have been perfected in research labs over the past few decades. It uses the same programming interfaces as the existing Language Translation service, and simplified pricing plans.
What you need to know
- The Language Translator service tile is generally available in the Bluemix Catalog. This service is technically identical to the Language Translation service you use today, but it includes both a name change and a simplified pricing structure. You can expect some pricing components to be even cheaper.
- On November 1st, 2016, the Language Translation tile will be marked private within the Bluemix catalog. All new instances of the service will be provided under the new Language Translator tile thereafter.
- For a period of one year, through November 1st, 2017, all existing provisioned instances under the Language Translation tile will continue to be available to users through their Bluemix dashboard, and will be supported by the Language Translation team.
- Any instance under the Language Translation tile that has not been migrated to the new Language Translator tile as of November 1st, 2017 will be deleted by the Language Translation team.
- Users are therefore encouraged to migrate to the new Language Translator tile as soon as possible. Please see the migrations instructions here.
To learn more about the transition from Language Translation to Language Translator, and the new pricing structure, visit here.
As always, we’re here to help! Please reach out to us in the support forums, or @IBMWatson on Twitter.
Share this post: