On December 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM EST, the IBM Workflow service was successfully updated.
This update to the Workflow Beta service comes with the following changes:
- Improved security: Invoking the IBM Dev Ops services plug-in and the Workflow Administration Console now requests your Bluemix permissions via Single-Sign On, similar to what was already happening for the service dashboard before.
- Improved security: The previously used API key has been removed, simplifying the URL structure. This requires you to adapt your usage of existing Workflow services and update the URLs.
- Improved design: You will notice a new look and feel of the Workflow Administration Console.
- Improved language support: The Workflow service now supports the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), traditional Chinese, modern Chinese.
- In order to continue using an existing Workflow service instance bound to an application, you have to unbind and rebind that application, resulting in updates to the
VCAP_SERVICESvariable. The URLs are updated to the correct format. There are additional fields for user and password. You need to use those fields to set a basic authentication header when communicating from your application with the workflow service instance.
- In order to continue using an existing Workflow service instance with the IBM Dev Ops services plug-in, please update the plug-in configuration with the new value from the dashboard (i.e., redo steps 2 and 3 from the dashboard for each existing service).
Share this post: