Earlier today the BlueMix UI was updated with a number of improvements. The general theme of this set of updates is to help you find the information you need, when you need it:
- Search enablement in the Catalog to make it easier to find the runtimes and services you want to create.
- Search enablement in the Dashboard to quickly filter the list of your existing applications and service instances.
- Ability to mark your favorite applications or services with a star so they bubble to the top of the Dashboard (see image below).
- “Quick Docs” functionality to gain fast access to the VCAP_SERVICES information for services you’ve bound to an application. The information in VCAP_SERVICES contains information your app’s code will need to communicate with the service such as IP address, user name/password, etc. (see image below).
- Improvement of service creation so you can assign a meaningful name to the new service instance. This makes it easier to identify each service in the Dashboard.
Finally, as always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the UI or BlueMix in general please let us know.
Share this post: