Share this post:
You’ve heard the hype. Blockchain has the potential and ability to change the world as a platform for truth and trust. But how can it be applied to businesses across a variety of different industries? How can business leaders make sense of the technology enough to understand potential use cases for their organization? These are just a few of the topics being surfaced in the new digital event series, Now Being Served.
Register for the free digital event series today
In the first installment, blockchain thought leaders candidly provided their opinions and insights on “What every technical leader needs to know about blockchain.” If you missed it, be sure to catch the replay to learn:
- How blockchain can radically transform industries by enabling new ways to do business, reduce risk, increase trust and improve efficiency.
- The value of open source initiatives to accelerate innovation and help participants avoid vendor lock-in.
- Pros and cons of various blockchain deployments such as Hyperledger and Ethereum.
- Why leading companies like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Accenture and SAP are implementing Hyperledger Fabric as a foundation of their blockchain platform.
- Why permissioned blockchains hold promise for real business use cases in areas such as financial services, digital identity management, supply chain and food safety.
Speakers in this roundtable discussion included Jerry Cuomo, VP of Blockchain Technology at IBM, Bobbie Cochrane, IBM Senior Technical Staff Member, Chris Ferris, CTO of Open Technology and IBM Distinguished Engineer, and Gary Singh, CTO of IBM Blockchain Platform.
This is a pivotal time, ahead of a year that will be historic for blockchain. Be sure to join future installments to explore how your industry is being disrupted. Then come back here to view the replay and let us know your thoughts in the comments section. Bookmark this post for easy access to the ongoing discussion.
Learn more about blockchain today