Share this post:
Last December, Grand View Research, Inc. published a report that predicts the global blockchain technology market will reach $7.74 billion by 2024. This rapid growth is attributed to increasing demand for the technology across financial services, consumer products, travel and transportation, telecommunications, healthcare and the public sector.
How can you know if blockchain is right for your business?
That is what my colleagues and I will be trying to help you answer in the August 17 webcast, Business Value of Blockchain: A starting point for making blockchain real for business. The virtual doors open at 11:45 AM EST and the webcast will begin at 12:00 PM EST. You can register here.
The speakers will be:
- Richard Gordon, IBM North America Blockchain Solution Sales Leader
- Eileen Lowry, Program Director, Blockchain Labs & Garage, North America, IBM
- Rene Bostic, Technical VP of the IBM North America Cloud Unit
We’ll go over what blockchain is and what it is not, as well as introduce some of the great tools that are available to help you get started. Read on for a sneak peak of the topics.
Business benefits of blockchain
A shared, distributed ledger, blockchain helps create shared certainty by providing participants in a business network a single view of the truth. Benefits of implementing this technology in an enterprise ecosystem include:
- Faster settlement times and cross-border remittances
- Increased protection against fraud and counterfeit products
- Improved inventory management and asset utilization
- Reduced administrative and infrastructure costs
That’s just to name a few! In the webcast, we’ll have an in-depth discussion on blockchain’s potential as it applies to unique business challenges.
Rewire your industry with IBM Blockchain
Getting started with blockchain
Working with a new technology can be intimidating, especially when there are so many tools and resources to explore. In the webcast, we’ll be discussing the following:
- The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Fabric is a blockchain framework implementation and one of the Hyperledger projects hosted by The Linux Foundation. It was designed to provide a modular, scalable and security-rich foundation for developing blockchain applications and solutions in business environments.
- IBM Blockchain is a managed service for Hyperledger Fabric. With this service, you can build, run, manage and govern dynamic distributed networks across organizations.
- IBM Bluemix Garage for blockchain runs workshops that bring together business leaders, developers and technical experts to gain insights that can help accelerate the development and deployment of blockchain use cases.
Join the webcast on August 17 at 12 PM EST to learn how you can use these tools and services in your blockchain endeavors. And be sure to connect with the IBM Blockchain community to stay up to date on the latest news and events:
Learn more about blockchain today