IBM Blockchain is living it up in Las Vegas at IBM InterConnect 2017. Whether you’re joining the crowd in person or participating from home, this guide will help you make sure you don’t miss out on the big announcements and sessions.
These exciting blockchain announcements were made at InterConnect:
- IBM announced the new release of IBM Blockchain, the first enterprise-ready blockchain service based on the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Fabric version 1.0. Read the press release.
- IBM and Energy-Blockchain Labs announced the creation of a carbon credit management platform, the world’s first blockchain-based green asset management platform based on the open source, openly governed Hyperledger Fabric. Read the press release.
- IBM and SecureKey Technologies announced they are working together to enable a new digital identity and attribute sharing network based on IBM Blockchain. Read the press release.
Client stories and use cases
Blockchain is here, now. At InterConnect, several IBM Blockchain clients will be present to discuss their experiences with it. Over the past several months, these industry leaders have been blazing trails through unmarked territory. Now, they’re going to be providing insights garnered from building use cases with blockchain in their respective industries. This is the perfect opportunity to learn about blockchain from the people who are already working with it.
Follow the links to learn more about these clients and then join them at their sessions.
TD Securities is participating in blockchain initiatives and proofs of concept within the financial services industry in Canada.
- InterConnect Session: Monday, 20 March, 4:15 – 5:00 PM, South Pacific F
Everledger is using IBM Blockchain to power its global certification system to track valuable items through the supply chain.
- Video: Everledger uses Blockchain on IBM LinuxONE
- Press release: IBM Launches Cloud Services for Blockchain on Industry’s Most Secure Server
- InterConnect Session: Tuesday, 21 March, 2:30 – 3:15 PM, Mandalay Bay Ballroom H
Mizuho Financial Group established best practices for creating innovative blockchain applications with the IBM Bluemix Garage Method after using it in a project to explore new business opportunities with blockchain technology.
- Press release: Mizuho Financial Group and IBM to Test Blockchain Technology for Settlements Using Virtual Currency
- InterConnect Session: Tuesday, 21 March, 3:45 – 4:30 PM, South Pacific F
The Mahindra Group started evaluating whether blockchain could be leveraged in its diverse group of businesses (automotive, financial services, logistics) one year ago and has since applied it in Mahindra Finance.
- Press release: Mahindra and IBM to Develop Blockchain Solution for Supply Chain Finance
- Blog post: “Disrupting supply chain financing at Mahindra Group”
- InterConnect Session: Tuesday, 21 March, 4:45 – 5:30 PM, South Pacific F
IT People Corporation and IBM built a blockchain-based solution to streamline management of IBM’s computing assets from manufacturing through disposal.
- InterConnect Session: Wednesday, 22 March, 9:00 – 9:45 AM, South Pacific F
Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) and IBM have worked together since June 2016 on a joint innovation pre-production project based on IBM Blockchain technology in PSBC’s custody business.
- Press release: Postal Saving Bank of China Team with IBM to Build Blockchain-Based Asset Custody System
- InterConnect Session: Wednesday, 22 March, 10:15 – 11:00 AM, South Pacific F
Beijing Energy Chain used IBM Blockchain to develop the world’s first blockchain-based carbon asset management system.
- InterConnect Session: Wednesday, 22 March, 2:00 – 2:45 PM, South Pacific F
Northern Trust and IBM developed a blockchain solution to bring efficiencies to the private equity ecosystem and it is currently live in a production environment.
- Press release: Northern Trust and IBM Pioneer Use of Blockchain Technology to Help Transform Private Equity Administration
- Blog post: “Northern Trust Trusts Blockchain for Private Equity”
- InterConnect Session: Wednesday, 22 March, 4:15 – 5:00 PM, South Pacific F
FreshTurf is working with IBM Bluemix Garage for Blockchain to build a platform to manage commercial transactions between merchants, logistics vendors, smart locker companies and consumers.
- Press release: IBM Empowers Singapore Startup with Blockchain and Bluemix for Island-wide Federated Lockers Network
- InterConnect Session: Thursday, 23 March, 9:30 – 10:15 AM, South Pacific F
Wipro developed the Tri-party Collateral Management solution in collaboration with IBM.
- InterConnect Session: Thursday, 23 March, 10:30 – 11:15 AM, South Pacific F
Key ways to engage with blockchain after InterConnect
Check out Bloomberg’s interview with Arvind Krishna, IBM SVP Hybrid Cloud, to learn more about the potential of permissioned blockchain and the enterprise value it can generate.
Watch the replay of the blockchain keynote.
Read about noteworthy topics you might have missed:
- IBM InterConnect Highlights: Blockchain is here, now!
- IBM InterConnect: Reimagine your industry with blockchain
- IBM InterConnect: Blockchain in enterprise ecosystems
Missed Don Tapscott’s discussion on Blockchain Technology: The Next Generation of the Internet? You can watch the replay on IBM Go.
Sign up for the developerWorks newsletter on blockchain, and join the community to stay in touch during InterConnect and beyond.
Share this post: