November 18, 2015 | Written by: roxanne.merizalde
Share this post:
During the IBM Cognos Controller: Develop Applications (v10.2) course, clients will:
- learn how to set up a Controller application and effectively use Controller in their organization’s consolidation process
- design and generate financial reports using Controller
Changes that make this new course necessary
- The course manual and related lab environment now use Microsoft Excel 2013, Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- The period values and other relevant settings (e.g., currency rates) in all the Controller databases (except the MWM database) have been updated to reflect 2014 and 2015.
- The relevant student data files (1512BUD.txt and 1512CURRATES.txt) have been updated to use 2015 values.
- The course manual includes content and a demonstration related to the new Command Center feature.
- Minor product changes have been incorporated via updated screenshots and exercises.
Products featured in course
- IBM Cognos Controller v10.2
Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, clients will set up a Controller application by creating the necessary structures (such as accounts and companies), and then test the application to ensure that it works properly. Clients will also learn how to work with currency translation, allocations, intercompany transactions, investments in subsidiaries, advanced formula calculations, and user-defined business rules, as well as define configuration settings and user access to the application. Lastly, clients will create ad hoc and standard reports to analyze data, develop custom reports using the Report Generator utility and the Excel Link, and run multiple reports at the same time with report books.
Note: The last six units of this course (which deal exclusively with Controller reporting functionality) will also be offered separately as IBM Cognos Controller: Author Reports (v10.2). This course will be available in instructor-led (one day) and SPVC formats (codes P8222/J1222).
This intermediate course is for Application Developers.
This updated course is now available in both instructor-led and SPVC (self-paced virtual training) formats and replaces offerings P8121/J1121.
Clients should have basic knowledge of group accounting.
Posted on behalf of Josh Dixon, Technical Curriculum Developer: Performance Management Solutions