You can now view, manage, and audit actions or events that are performed on your Mobile Foundation service instance by integrating with IBM Cloud Activity Tracker with LogDNA.
Previously, we announced the integration off Activity Tracker for Mobile Foundation. After your Mobile Foundation service instance is created, you need to have insights on the configuration changes made to the server since the instance can be shared across users in the organization. This helps with easy audit.
For example, password-changed events and information on who changed the password can be easily tracked using the audit information from Activity Tracker with LogDNA. IBM Cloud Activity Tracker with LogDNA helps with this by tracking all important actions taken by a user on your service instance.
This is a list of action events supported by Mobile Foundation.
How do I see my configuration events?
The Mobile Foundation service provides a scalable, secure mobile access gateway that radically simplifies integration with backend and cloud services. Mobile Foundation provides a rich set of backend capabilities for building, managing, and updating your next-gen cognitive, engaging, secure, and personalized mobile and web applications.
Build your applications with the frontend tools and frameworks of your choice and easily add push notifications, analytics, authentication, offline sync, and business logic to your applications. You’ll be able to focus on the frontend of the application development while leveraging the rich backend capabilities of Mobile Foundation.
Mobile Foundation offers a rich set of SDKs for Cordova, IOS, Android, Xamarin, Windows 10, React Native, and Mobile Web to facilitate development of Mobile, Mobile Web or PWA applications. Mobile Foundation also provides out-of-the-box samples and templates that can be easily extended to suit your need.
By enabling Activity Tracker on the Mobile Foundation service, you provide a medium through which service owners can have a detailed view of the configuration changes made to the server and by whom. The configuration change events automatically begin flowing directly into your own instance of IBM Cloud Activity Tracker with LogDNA.
Activity Tracker with LogDNA compiles all of your logs at an account level, which means that all of your services are shown in the same instance, per region. If you have an app that runs in Dallas and another app that runs in London, the events will be found in the respective instances of Activity Tracker.
Prerequisite: You need to have an instance of IBM Cloud Activity Tracker with LogDNA in the region where you would like to track events:
- Log in to your IBM Cloud account.
- In the IBM Cloud console navigation, click Observability.
- Select Activity Tracker from the Observability navigation.
- Select the instance of Activity Tracker that correlates to the region for which you want to see events.
- Click View LogDNA. When the dashboard loads, you’ll see an overview of all of the activity that is covered by that instance of Activity Tracker with LogDNA. You can use the search operators to filter the events by tags, sources, apps, or levels. You can also search for specific events or jump to a specific timeframe.
- To see events for a specific application, select the app that you want to track from the All Apps drop-down. To help meet compliance regulations, you can choose to retain your events or archive them into IBM Cloud Object Storage.
Note: Currently, you will receive the events for the actions that you perform on the Mobile Foundation service instance alone. The actions performed on the Operations console are not integrated with Activity Tracker.
Follow the links to learn more about Mobile Foundation service and IBM Cloud Activity Tracker with LogDNA.