A new learning path is available for professional IT Architects who would like to certify on IBM Cloud.
With this learning path, Architects can gain experience designing cloud solutions for large-scale, enterprise environments.
Experts from IBM Garage and IBM Global Services created approximately 35 to 40 hours of new, digital learning for IBM Cloud Architects through the IBM Center for Cloud Training, including hands-on exercises.
Modules in the professional-level IBM Cloud Architect learning path include the following:
- Introduction to the Cloud Architect Role
- Overview of IBM Cloud Service Models
- Introduction to the IBM Cloud Compute Options
- Architectural Overview of Using VMWare Solutions
- Architectural Overview of Using IBM Cloud Container Platforms
- Using the IBM Cloud Container Repository and Registry
- Creating a Simple Deployment for an IBM Function on the Cloud
- Reviewing the IBM Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Reviewing the IBM Cloud Storage Options
- Networking Options for Architecting Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Planning a Security Strategy
- Overview of Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Applying Data and AI Reference Architectures for Cloud Solutions
- Introducing the Internet of Things
- Using the Blockchain Reference Architecture
- Applying IBM Cloud Monitoring into the Service Management Reference Architecture
- Introduction to Modern Integration Reference Architectures with IBM Cloud
- Review of Data Analysis, Management, and Reporting
- Introduction to DevOps for Cloud Solutions
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Paks for Architects
- Lab Exercise: Moving a Monolithic Application to the Cloud
Other IBM Center for Cloud Training learning paths
Not the training you need? Browse other learning paths by the IBM Center for Cloud Training:
This IBM Cloud Architect learning path provides exposure to technology and processes assessed by the professional-level IBM Cloud Solution Architect v4 certification exam. To prepare for this certification exam, learners are encouraged to develop their skills by further exploring lab scenarios or working on IBM Cloud projects upon completion of the learning path.
This course is available as an annual learning subscription. The subscription model can be very advantageous. For example:
- Learners can repeat modules as they transition from casual learning to project work, then again to prepare for the certification exam.
- Learners can take advantage of new and updated course modules as they become available during the subscription period.
IBM Learning for Cloud Individual Subscription (Role-based) can be ordered from IBM Sellers, IBM Business Partners, the IBM Center for Cloud Training web site, and IBM Product pages for USD $3,600.
Larger projects can buy pre-discounted packs of 75 role-based learning subscriptions for USD $150,000 that can be used to enroll in this, or any other, role-based learning path offered by the IBM Center for Cloud Training. Please contact your IBM Seller or IBM Business Partner for this Enterprise Subscription.