Learn about integrating AI into IBM Db2® for z/OS to improve operational productivity
IBM Watson Machine Learning for z/OS details
Flexible model development
Give data science teams the flexibility to build, train and evaluate models using their Integrated Development Environment (IDE) of choice. Or use the IBM Watson® Machine Learning for z/OS® extensive model-building features that are based on enterprise-grade open source software.
Optimize data scientist productivity through extensive IBM Watson Machine Learning for z/OS model-building features. This product offers several model-building modes including notebooks, visual builders, wizards and enhanced intelligence applied to data scientist activities. Automatically normalize, handle missing values and generate data features to make even novice data scientists into experts.
Enterprise-ready AI model deployment
Operationalize predictive models within transaction applications, without significant overhead, enabling real-time insight at the point of interaction. This product offers several scoring approaches including RESTful APIs and Java and CICS integration, optimized for the highest security and performance levels on IBM Z®.
Enhanced model accuracy
Enable data scientists and engineers to schedule continuous re-evaluations of new data to monitor model accuracy over time and be alerted when performance deteriorates. Automatically refresh models to maintain model accuracy with confidence.
Production-ready machine learning
Deliver essential model versioning, auditing and monitoring as well as high availability, high performance, low latency and machine learning model automation (machine learning as a service).
Quick-start solution templates
Offer essential foundational templates for common business requirements to bootstrap your machine learning efforts. Solution templates demonstrate how machine learning can run alongside your application infrastructure to add value to key business areas including fraud detection, loan approval and IT operational analytics.
- Complete continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) workload for models developed in IBM Cloud Pak® for Data and deployed on z/OS
- New web-based configuration tool that guides users through the initial configuration of the Watson for Machine Learning for z/OS base
- High availability support for the entire model lifecycle management from training to scoring
- Support of RACF keyring to manage the Watson for Machine Learning for z/OS certificate
- Watson Machine Learning for z/OS v2.2 services are bundled as a complete solution in IBM Db2® AI for z/OS to support operational analytics
- Performance improvements for online scoring
- z/OS 2.4, 2.3 or 2.2 and Db2 11 for z/OS or later
- IBM SDK for Node.js 12.15.0
- z/OS ICSF and z/OS OpenSSH
- IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS Java™ v8
- Watson Machine Learning for z/OS IDE for Linux on Z or Linux on x86
- Red Hat® 7.5, 7.6 or 7.7
- IBM z15™, z14, IBM z13®, or IBM zEnterprise® EC12 system (1 GCP, 4 zIIP, 100 GB memory, 100 GB disk space)
- Watson Machine Learning for z/OS IDE on Linux on Z or Linux on x86 (3 IFLs [or 8 cores of CPU], 48 GB memory, 350 GB disk space)
See how it works
Try it now
Expert resources to help you succeed