What IBM z/OS Communications Server can do for your business
IBM® z/OS® Communications Server, a high availability enterprise transaction and data server, provides common applications, such as FTP, Telnet and the remote execution of applications. Built for optimum productivity, it provides a secure platform for developing and sharing mainframe workloads.
IBM z/OS Encryption Readiness Technology (zERT) Network Analyzer, a new z/OSMF plugin, is now available for you to easily query and analyze the cryptographic protection attributes of your z/OS TCP/IP and Enterprise Extender connections.
See the Resources page.
Supports high-bandwidth and high-speed networking technologies, including Shared Memory Communications (SMC), which provides significant performance improvements for TCP protocol workloads.
Uses z/OS Parallel Sysplex® technology to enable high availability application support.
Protects sensitive data and the operation of the TCP/IP stack on z/OS.
Enables IPv6, the successor to aging IPv4 technology, to handle the demands of internet usage with 128-bit addressing.
Collects network topology, status, and performance information.
Simplification and usability
Makes it faster and easier to configure policy-based networking functions by using Configuration Assistant.
IBM z/OS Communications Server features
- What's new in z/OS V2R3 Communications Server
- Shared Memory Communications - Direct Memory Access (SMC-D)
- Improved scalability with z/OS V2R2 Communications Server
- z/OS Encryption Readiness Technology (zERT)
- IBM Configuration Assistant for z/OS Communications Server
- Network Mgmt. for IBM Cloud Provisioning and Mgmt. for z/OS