Tape cartridge portability
Facilitates remote, offline data storage for superior protection from natural or man-made threats. You can also reduce the risk of data loss or corruption.
IBM Spectrum Archive support
Enable data file search and retrieval using directory tree structures and drag-and-drop techniques. The solution significantly enhances data access and retrieval and potentially reduces or eliminates software licensing costs and dependencies for data retrieval from tape.
Adherence to Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 7 standard
Ensure compatibility with LTO Ultrium 7 vendors’ tape drive and automation products. The solution also reduces your data storage investment risk by using open standards-based tape technology. Also, a new initialization feature will allow you to use new LTO generation 7 cartridges as LTO-8 Type M media cartridges ready to be initialized on site to increase capacity from 6 TB to 9 TB.
Cartridge model and label options
Available in rewritable and write-once-read-many (WORM) cartridge models and with custom, as well as blank and RFID-embedded cartridge labels.
Tape and cartridge characteristics:
- Total tape thickness: 5.6 µ (0.00022 in.)
- Tape length: 960 m (3,149 ft)
- Cartridge size (L x W x D): 102.0 mm x 105.0 mm x 21.0 mm (4.0 in. x 4.1 in. x 0.8 in.)
- Data cartridge weight: 200 g (0.441 lb)
- Cleaning cartridge weight: 115 g (0.254 lb)
- Safety characteristics: Toxicity: nonhazardous to human health in anticipated use
- Operating conditions: 10°C - 45°C (50°F - 113°F); 10% - 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Short-term storage conditions: 16°C - 35°C (61°F - 95°F); 20% - 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Long-term storage conditions: 16°C - 25°C (61°F - 7 7°F); 20% - 50% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Shipping conditions: -23°C - 49°C (-9°F - 120°F); 20% - 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb max
- Cartridge disposal: Classified as nonhazardous waste per EPA regulation 40CFR261
General characteristics and Machine type, Model (Part numbers):
- Media type: Linear serpentine recording half-inch cartridge
- Data capacity: 6 TB native; Up to 15 TB with 2.5:1 data compression
- Models: LTO Ultrium 7 6 TB rewritable data cartridge; non-erasable, non-rewritable WORM cartridge
- LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridge: 3589-651 (p/n 38L7302)
- LTO Ultrium 7 WORM cartridge: 3589-671 (p/n 38L7303)
- LTO Ultrium universal cleaning cartridge: 3589-004 (p/n 35L2086)