The cognitive era has introduced incredible new opportunities for gaining insight from data, but has also placed unprecedented demands on enterprise data systems. This report explains what kind of database you will need to succeed in a cognitive environment.
Cognitive businesses need databases that enable them to:
- Leverage all data sources, on-premises or in the cloud; sensor, transactional, streaming or app data
- Capture the value of data in real time while also integrating historical data
- Provide insights everywhere with minimal downtime and access for new types of users
- Protect data resources with features for security, compliance and management
- Adapt the infrastructure to the business with flexibility for new processes and deployments
Neither on-premises nor cloud-only databases alone are sufficient for most aspiring cognitive organizations. That’s one reason why 70% of IT decision-makers say they expect to always have a blend of traditional IT and cloud resources.