This IBM® Redpaper™ publication provides a broad understanding of a new architecture of the IBM Power System E980 (9080-M9S) server that supports IBM AIX®, IBM i, and Linux operating systems (OSes). The objective of this paper is to introduce the major innovative Power E980 offerings and relevant functions:
- The IBM POWER9™ processor, which is available at frequencies of 3.55 - 4.0 GHz.
- Significantly strengthened cores and larger caches.
- Supports up to 64 TB memory.
- Integrated I/O subsystem and hot-pluggable Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) Gen4 slots, double the bandwidth of Gen3 I/O slots.
- Supports EXP12SX and ESP24SX external disk drawers, which have 12 Gb SAS interfaces and double the existing EXP24S drawer bandwidth.
- New IBM EnergyScale™ technology offers new variable processor frequency modes that provide a significant performance boost beyond the static nominal frequency.
Please consider providing the information requested on the right. It will help us to create better materials in the future to support your needs.
I don't want to provide any input at this time, but let me download the publication anyway.