The annual X-Force Threat Intelligence Index sheds light on the biggest cyber risks that organizations face today, with data and insights collected over the past year. Based on IBM X-Force analysis of threat data from hundreds of millions of endpoints and servers, spam sensors, and IBM Security managed services and incident response engagements, the X-Force Threat Intelligence Index gives security, risk management and IT teams clear insights into attack methods and the weaknesses threat actors attempt to exploit.
Discover key insights into the top threat trends of the past year, including:
- The explosive growth of attacks on operational technology (OT) in the enterprise, up 2,000 percent between 2018 and 2019
- Increasing destructive attacks, with ransomware attacks up 67 percent in 2019
- Most common initial infection vectors, from common phishing and credential theft to more rare attacks
- Geographical breakdown of threats and threat actors, top countries affected by spam, and regional events that could be targeted by cybercriminal scammers
- Industry trends including retail climbing the ranks of the top targeted industries in the past year
Show me more about IBM Security