Satisfy your customers with a single, consistent brand experience
Customers have more choices than ever—from buying channels to product choices. It can become easy for a customer to get lost in the options, leading to frustration or disappointment. Retailing has become more complex as customers require more choices, but want a seamless experience. Regardless of your customers’ desires, your success as a retailer depends on providing a consistent brand experience with a wide array of selection, convenience and return options.
Saving the sale, one customer at a time
The cross-channel optimization solution for retail from IBM and Manhattan Associates provides technology that seamlessly aggregates inventory, order, pricing, promotion, merchandising and fulfillment information across all channels. The solution offers:
- Blended channel optimization, using Zero Disappointment Retail™ from Manhattan Associates—provides upfront, cross-channel planning, forecasting and order management capabilities so retailers can proactively anticipate and respond to demand and help ensure the right amount of inventory goes where it’s needed.
- Exponential execution to manage the fulfillment process more efficiently from supplier to customer—and back again—by integrating supply chain execution activities across channels, so merchandise gets to the right person at the right time.
The solution is powered by a dynamic IBM infrastructure that can help your business improve service and manage risk, while reducing infrastructure costs. Manhattan Associates' applications support IBM's advanced virtualization technology that enables you to consolidate multiple operating systems and software stacks on a single platform, and allocate the platform to meet specific business and application requirements. Also, IBM can help you move to a more dynamic infrastructure with IBM® Power Systems™. Your business can take advantage of the exceptional performance, scalability and reliability of today's IBM POWER® processor-based servers, with the added “plus” of IBM Power Systems Software™ to improve flexibility and availability, and reduce overall infrastructure costs.
Achieve strategic retail change
The cross-channel optimization solution offers retailers a blended-channel environment, that provides sales and support professionals with the information they need to better serve customers. And the solution gives consumers the selection, convenience and retail options they expect. The solution can help your business:
- Meet the unique needs of each selling channel while maintaining visibility into company-wide performance.
- Optimize channel performance while managing inventory across channels to achieve a single, consistent, near real-time view of orders, shipments and inventory across the entire supply chain.
- Enhance and manage forecasting to create better orders, and improve service and replenishment across all channels and nodes in one solution.
- Reduce inventory and improve service levels by consolidating the prioritization of orders across all selling channels.
- Minimize the need for warehouse space with cross-docking and flow-through capabilities.
- Streamline inefficient processes, redundant effort and excess inventory, while gaining global visibility to make the best decisions.
Manhattan Associates has created the cross-channel opportunity analysis modeler with the research firm Retail Systems Research (RSR) to help organizations see the benefits of creating a Zero Disappointment Retail environment. For example, a retailer with US$1.5 billion in revenue across 900 stores can expect to receive the following cross-channel benefits with Zero Disappointment Retail1:
- 5 percent improvement in sales.
- 7 percent improvement in gross margin dollars.
- 32 percent improvement in operating income.
The alliance partnership
From loading dock to customer door
IBM and Manhattan Associates offerings are designed to help you achieve excellence in your supply chain through comprehensive solutions that integrate with your business processes. With more than 500 mutual clients and a history of joint deployments, IBM and Manhattan Associates bring a broad base of industry expertise to every client engagement.
Our solutions, which are available for companies of every size and across multiple industries:
- Offer a powerful, modular solutions platform that takes advantage of a comprehensive set of applications designed to deliver maximum value in supply chain execution and optimization.
- Can be implemented as an integrated whole for maximum return, or may be deployed as individual point solutions.
- Easily integrate with your existing systems.
1Source: http://www.manh.com/industries/retail.html (link resides outside of ibm.com)